Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Accountability Officer Job at Danish Refugee Council… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Danish Refugee Council.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world.
- Support MEL Lead in ensuring that MEL approaches adhere to project Conflict Sensitivity, Do No Harm, and GESI strategies;
- Work closely with project field team, local organisations, and other actors to conduct MEL activities, including monitoring visits, project assessments, and targeted research;
- Support the establishment of Borderlands/Deris Wanaag MEL systems and reporting structures, including user-friendly templates, to contribute to quarterly reporting and learning products/events;
- Conduct MEL training for downstream partners in response to capacity assessments, including research methods, reporting needs, and other data collection requirements;
- Review and translate data collection tools into Swahili and Somali, in addition to training enumerators and piloting tools in relevant field locations;
- Develop and manage data collection work plans in coordination with MEL Lead and Field Research Manager;
- Develop plans for GESI self-assessment for all partners together with the field GESI advisor and Senior GESI advisor;
- Develop sector-specific data and support timely and appropriate deployment by implementation teams, in alignment with ethical research and data security policies;
- Conduct field-level assessments, including baseline, mid-term, end-line and other monitoring surveys, including the cleaning, translation, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Contribute to monthly implementation updates, to share with Area Leads, flagging key achievements, areas of concern, lessons learned, and recommendations for corrective actions;
- Facilitate field-level learning events, collaboratively with the MEL Lead, to capture, document and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes;
- Conducted internal data quality assessments to ensure that all reported observations and indicators are supported by verified data sources, including activity-level monitoring forms, participant lists, and geo-tagged photos;
- Gather, analyse, and report community and stakeholder feedback through the design and management of feedback mechanisms, including complaints hotlines, community forums, and other sources.
Experience and technical competencies:
- A minimum of 4 years of MREL experience within the peacebuilding, stabilization or development field.
- Demonstrated field experience in working on conflict resolution, peacebuilding and stability programmes.
- Demonstrated experience in leading GESI related M&E and capacity building.
- Experience in training and supporting local partners to conduct comprehensive M&E.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring, evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Strong background in the use of computers including the use of software applications such as Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and software such as SPSS and STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection such as Kobo is a requirement.
- Experience in working in cross border and conflict prone areas.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
- A bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Economics, Statistics or Information Management Sciences.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili is essential
- Fluency in Somali is a great advantage
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 30th June 2023.