Drama Teacher Job at Oshwal Academy Nairobi…See Details on how to apply for the vacancies available at Oshwal Academy Nairobi.
Oshwal Academy Mombasa is an outstanding school in the heart of Nyali, Mombasa. It is a school where the desire to learn is infectious and students of all abilities flourish because everyone works hard to create a learning environment where everybody is welcome and diversity is celebrated.
- Drama Teacher
- To take responsibility for planning and implementing appropriate work programs for all pupils in the designated classes, within the framework of national and school policies.
- To support and drive the ethos, aims, and values of the school.
- To maintain and use assessment records and report on pupils’ progress to staff, and to parents in accordance with school policy.
- To plan work for the class in accordance with school curriculum and in cooperation with Heads of Department, to ensure that the pupils experience a broad, balanced, relevant, and stimulating curriculum relevant to the age group being taught.
- To liaise with the Head of Department and other members of the department concerning curriculum, schemes of work, and teaching methods to provide continuity and uniformity within the department.
- To follow and implement school policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the learning experience matches the individual needs of the pupils.
- To make appropriate educational provision for pupils with learning difficulties and for those children with EAL, with support from The Oshwal Academy’s Learning Support Department.
- To create a secure, happy, and stimulating environment, maintaining the highest standards of discipline.
- To provide well-planned, creative, and engaging learning experiences for pupils.
- To be actively involved in the direction of school productions.
- To maintain a high standard of display and a stimulating environment in the classroom and in other areas of the school.
- To liaise with parents concerning pupils’ academic progress and attend Parents’ Meetings to discuss the academic progress of pupils.
- To write detailed reports on each pupil when required.
- To perform duties as requested by the Head Teacher for supervising the pupils outside the classroom e.g. Lunch/break.
- To cover for any colleague who cannot attend school for any reason and to provide cover work for colleagues when absent from school.
- To be committed to the school’s Continuing Professional Development programme.
- Involvement in running extra-curricular Drama Sessions may be required that could mean working outside normal working hours.
- Possess a degree or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have experience of working in British Curriculum Schools.
- Be pro-active as a part of The Oshwal Academy team.
- Possess a love of Drama teaching to children of all abilities and a passion for the development of academic excellence.
- Be able to build good relationships with pupils, colleagues, parents, and families.
How to Apply
All applications should reach the Human Resource Manager
Applications to be submitted to
Application Deadline: 17th March 2021.