Partner Project Manager/Coordinator Job at Malteser International… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Malteser International.
Malteser International is the humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. With over 100 projects annually in some 25 countries throughout Africa, Asia and the Americas, we provide emergency relief after disasters and support recovery efforts with a focus on sustainable development. For nearly 60 years, Malteser International has been standing by those affected by poverty, disease, conflict and disaster, helping them lead a healthy life with dignity – without distinction of religion, race or political persuasion. Christian values and the humanitarian principles are the foundation of our work.
- Identifies potential new partners in conjunction with CC and PC and supports / carries out the necessary partner assessments
- Support local partner organizations and Malteser International in planning and designing of project activities including preparation of proposals, log frames and budgets
- Project Rapid Assessments in Kenya for proposed new projects as well as being a member of assessment teams
- Support partner framework developments are according to donor standards, where requested and applicable
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of projects according to set targets/ indicators and promote quality of project implementation according to Malteser International and donor policies and standards
- Establish and maintain mechanisms/ tools/ systems in cooperation with local partner organizations for close monitoring and evaluation of activities, their quality and impact
- Responsible to supervise the administration, finance and logistic of the partner organizations to ensure appropriate record keeping and adherence to Malteser International and donor administrative, finance and procurement procedures and guidelines. This is to be done in close coordination with Kenya Finance Manager, HQ program and administrative units
- Develop the capacity of local partner organizations through regular (quarterly) review and feedback to ensure they can fulfil the required procedures and guidelines, as well as for effective project implementation
- Support partner organizations in their planning, preparation and write up of proper and timely project reports adhering to Malteser International and donor requirements
- Liaise with relevant donors and assess funding opportunities for partner implemented projects where applicable and ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners and stakeholders to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements
- Employ resourcefulness in project design, implementation, and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems, identifies and implements creative solutions. And responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes
- Any other duty relevant to Malteser International and partner projects as assigned and required by CC / HQ
- Graduate degree in a field related to humanitarian aid / development
- At least five years hands-on project experience in NGO sector, management, and coordination of partners
- Track record of managing contracts, grants and programmatic activities
- Experience working in the ASAL regions of Kenya
- Track record of collaborative and integrative project development and reporting
- Demonstrated cooperative approach, including experience in working with Government officials and various partners
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops, manage diverse teams and support others in their work
- Experience in WASH is required
- Experience in One Health approach is an added advantage
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.
- Excellent English oral and written language skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022.