Program Manager Job (GIRL-H) at Mercy Corps… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Mercy Corps.
Corps’ Country Strategy for Uganda, Haiti and Kenya.
- Promote gender strategies across the country portfolio, adapt, and improve them as needed.
- Lead the development of a resource mobilization and communication strategy for the program and support its operationalization at the country level.
- Support program implementation, in cooperation with key project stakeholders, including local non- governmental organizations, local government officials, community-based organizations, other international agencies on the ground, and key donors.
- Collaborate with program, finance and administrative staff to ensure program systems comply with donor and Mercy Corps policies and procedures, including adherence to Mercy Corps program management minimum standards.
- Work with the PMs to maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Increase Mercy Corps and partner organization staff capacity by designing and delivering technical training and coaching plans on topics related to building resilience and achieving gender-equitable program outcomes.
- Provide support and guidance in all aspects of program implementation, management, and evaluation across the three target countries.
MONITORING, EVALUATION & LEARNING
- Ensure compliance with donor and Mercy Corps regulations related to gender, resilience, and safes spaces programming.
- Support effective program monitoring and reporting systems for both internal and external use and ensure high quality input is obtained from team members.
- Use reporting results to monitor program success, measure impact, and calibrate program strategy accordingly.
- Ensure documentation of achievements and lessons learned to ensure best practices are captured and disseminated in quarterly and final program reports.
- Monitor adherence to the donor grant agreement as well as Mercy Corps’ and donor’s policies and procedures for procurement and compliance.
REGIONAL SYSTEMS AND SUPPORT FUNCTIONS
- Support country team adherence to Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures.
- Capture and disseminate best practices on operations, finance, and HR systems across country teams to ensure highest quality and standards.
- Provide dedicated support to country teams in the event of an emergency.
HUMAN RESOURCES, SAFEGUARDING AND DIVERSITY
- Support Mercy Corps global and regional initiatives for human resources, including safeguarding and diversity.
- Engage and support GIRL Program across the region to ensure that adequate risk management systems are in place.
- Collaborate with GIRL Country PMs to support preparedness and response to major disruptive events.
- Engage with country teams on the internal audit process to track findings and ensure country team compliance with Internal Audit findings and recommendations.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Masters or equivalent experience in International Development, Political Science, women’s studies, Economics, Sociology or other relevant field.
- 7-9 years’ experience in gender and youth development work including experience developing and conducting gender training, gender/youth mainstreaming and engaging in gender advocacy.
- Experience in program start up.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a program, manage a team and develop their capacities.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead the collection, analysis and utilization of information from a broad range of sources to ensure effective integration of gender and youth concerns throughout the project’s duration. In-depth understanding of gender, age and other socio-cultural factors in the context of food security / livelihoods programming.
- Ability to foster commitment and build capacity among project staff and in-country actors around gender and youth integration.
- Experience in the Africa region is preferred
- Strong public speaking and facilitation skills required.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022.