Regional Agronomist (East Africa) at Anglo American…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Anglo American.
Anglo American is a leading global mining company and our products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life.
- Regional Agronomist
- Efficiently deliver commercial goals as agreed in the business plans and deliver appropriate product knowledge to be able to effectively use polyhalite fertilizers.
- Agree, execute, deliver and monitor commercial agronomic demonstrations
- Source and assess local providers in conjunction with commercial partners (as available).
- Scope, agree, deliver and monitor technical agronomic programs.
- Collaborate with colleagues to help design roadmaps of technical work required to fulfill business requirements.
- Support activities during marketing events of the product, e.g. farmer demo-days, conferences, and agricultural cooperatives.
- Provide a resource of regional agricultural, agronomic, profit/cost drivers, soil, environmental, and fertilizer use knowledge.
- Translate knowledge into USPs for fertilizer products in conjunction with other team members
- Deliver agronomic knowledge transfer for stakeholders.
- Support business development, through commercial leadership, so that all elements of the fertilizer supply chain can be targeted.
- A university bachelor’s degree or master’s qualification in an appropriate agriculture/agronomy/soil sciences discipline.
- Expert understanding of planning, implementing, managing, and reporting crop trials including reporting yield and quality benefits.
- Advanced understanding of advising and implementing farmer’s best practice programs.
- Advanced in adhering to safety practices and protocols.
- Advanced understanding of advising and implementing straight fertilizer programs, as well as multi-nutrient programs.
- Proficient understanding of financial benefits of commercial analysis in coordination with the commercial team.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 4th October 2021.