Relationship Manager (Chinese Banking) Job at Family Bank Limited… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Family Bank Limited.
Family Bank (formerly Family Finance Building Society) was registered as a Building Society in October 1984 in Kenya, under the Building Societies Act and commenced operations in early 1985. Family Bank converted into a fully-fledged bank in May 2007 and the main driver for our conversion was the need to offer a wider range of products and services to our customers.
- Drive profitable revenue and volume growth with a focus on new acquisitions, deepening of existing customer relationships and cross-selling.
- Train staff on Chinese banking services in order to create customer product awareness.
- Keep current on business trends and competitor offerings by gathering market intelligence to maintain a competitive edge.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting potential and actual Money Laundering Risk, including suspicious transactions in accordance with the laid down AML policies procedures.
- Manage Chinese customer requests and transactions in compliance with FBL operational guidelines and procedures with zero tolerance to operational risk and frauds.
- Develops, coach motivates and manages the performance of individuals and teams within the Chinese, Diaspora & Business Club segment to achieve success in career and business goals.
- Actively provide leadership by contributing to the collective Leadership Agenda and sharing business insights/ feedback with the Head of Retail Banking to maximize the overall performance and wellbeing of the department.
- Role Model the Brand and Corporate Values of the Bank in the internal and external market environment
- Marketing of Diaspora and Business Club services to our customers.
- Planning the Calendar of events for the Chinese and Business Club banking members.
- Planning and management of the international Business exposure trips for the Business Club members per year.
- Ensure Chinese Credit file documentation standards are adhered to.
- Monitor the approval, disbursal and updating process, periodic credit reviews, and deductions or repayments by diaspora customers.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounts, Finance, or related field.
- Proficiency in the Chinese language- Oral and Written.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of practical experience with a proven result-oriented track record in Chinese business.
- Experience in banking background is a plus.
- Honest and with high integrity.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new and Cross-sell business.
- Full understanding of all products, sound knowledge of the bank processes and procedures.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Note: Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 30th November 2021.