Safe Guarding Officer Job at KCB Bank… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at KCB Bank.
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies.
- Ensure compliance with the safeguarding policy and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for handling safeguarding cases and related issues within the Project.
- Coordinate KCBF-YAW processes and approaches to prevent and address safeguarding incidences.
- Provide safeguarding training and awareness to all Project staff, project participants, and the KCB Foundation Board.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, and up-to-date documentation on all cases of safeguarding and report where required.
- Respond appropriately to disclosures or concerns which relate to the safety and well-being of the project participants as per set guidelines.
- To provide information and advice on the well-being and protection of project participants within the project
- To be the first point of contact to receive information from anyone who has concerns relating to the welfare of project participants and to record and report appropriately.
- To clarify information received, ensuring that this is referred on promptly to the Safeguarding Committee to enable an assessment to be undertaken, and advice offered.
- Implement the safeguarding framework for project participants that includes Prevention (training, communication, beneficiary screening process, and risk evaluation); Support and Care (Coordinating resources to support and care for the project participants), and Response (strengthening and harmonizing current policies and procedures to be aligned to KCBF and MCF).
- Enforcing operationalization of youth protection guidelines across all Project implementing partners as contemplated in the sub-award agreements.
- Coordinate remedial interventions on all safeguarding allegations with relevant support systems (investigators, clinical experts, etc).
- Monitor implementation of mechanisms to support people living with disability (PLWDs) within the YAW Project and other KCBF projects; Enforce compliance to diversity and inclusion requirements for the Project.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, or any other related field, gained from a recognized institution.
- A recognized professional qualification in Child Protection, GBV, social work, youth work, and community work.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in Welfare and safeguarding, with at least, 4 years’ experience in Risk Management, Wellness, Health, and Safety and 3 years’ experience in Project Management.
- Relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of International Safeguarding Standards.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Legislation.
- Data and Records Management.
- Attention to Detail.
- Computer Literacy.