Senior DevOps Engineer Job at Koko Networks… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Koko Networks.
This company was formerly known as SmartCook Energy. Last-mile energy networks for Africa’s cities. Smarter commerce for urban Africa. Unique rich media delivery platforms. Our mission is to improve life for everyone in Africa’s cities.
- Lead small teams and projects to build tools and software to manage cloud infrastructure and applications.
- Own production environments and develop a holistic view of system health for the benefit of your own and other teams, troubleshooting any part of supported services when needed.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to manage deployment and monitoring of all KOKO’s distributed software applications, ensuring systems are available at all times.
- Measure and optimise system performance, to staying ahead of customer needs
- Design and apply best practices in the areas of secure cloud design patterns, automated security, CI/CD across KOKO’s teams and projects, helping others to deliver their solutions more effectively.
- Collect and analyse metrics to make recommendations for performance improvements and fault findings.
- Participate in system design reviews, infrastructure management and capacity planning.
- Establish and implement administrative and operational best practices for engineering teams
- Detect abnormalities in performance and proactively address issues before they impact our customers
- Be on-call to manage high priority issues when needed, in collaboration with other engineering team members via our incident response processes.
- Participate in building the engineering culture at KOKO.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Five or more years of experience working with SRE and/or DevOps and/or cloud teams.
- Python and shell scripting experience.
- Strong track record designing and delivering automated toolchains and secure cloud patterns.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code and APM tools.
- Experience in the following areas: enterprise application and service based architectures, software design methods, CI/CD, cyber security, process automation, QA and test automation, and highly scalable data architectures.
- Understanding of Linux operating system, networking, and databases
- Strong understanding of principles and practices to be applied to excel at this role.
- Well developed skills in designing and building for performance, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is calm and decisive under pressure.
- Empathy for your colleagues, encouraging team members to think creatively while knowing where to intervene to tackle tough problems and navigate conflicts.
- We use AWS extensively and so, certifications with cloud technologies is a bonus.