Tana River County Recruitment 2021…See Details on how to apply for the vacancies available at Tana River County.
Tana River County is one of the forty-seven (47) counties in the Republic of Kenya. The County takes its name from River Tana which is the longest river in Kenya. It is a County in the former Coast Province, Kenya with an area of 35,375.8 square kilometers (13,658.7 sq mi) and a population of 262,684 according to the 2012 census. The administrative headquarter of the county is Hola. The County has three sub-counties; Bura, Galole, and Garsen.
- Director Finance
The Director of Finance shall be in In-charge of the County Treasury Financial Services and shall report directly to the Chief Officer Finance and Economic planning.
- Direction and coordination of routine & non-routine Accounting transactions and related matters;
- Interpretation of Financial and Accounting policies, regulations, and circulars in the County Treasury;
- Establishment and maintenance of effective internal control system in the County Treasury;
- Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and reports;
- Coordination of IFMIS activities and overall capacity building;
- Ensuring strict compliance with the Government Financial laws, Regulations, and Procedures;
- Ensures proper handling of Banking Matters;
- Coordinates authorization of payment vouchers and approval of payments in the Internet banking system;
- Incorporation of County budgets, the release of funds to departments, and monitoring the use of their financial resources;
- Monitoring and review of programs implementation and taking corrective measures;
- Timely issuance of Authority-to-Incur Expenditure (AIE) to various spending points and ensuring that AIEs are consistent with quarterly ceilings; and undertaking risk management for the County.
- Liaison with HRM on County Treasury Staff matters and implementation of the scheme of service for Accountants;
- Plays advisory role to the Chief Officer and County Executive Committee member for finance on Financial and accounting matters; and
- Any other relevant duty may be assigned from time to time.
- Served for at least seven (7) years three (3) of which have been at the grade of Deputy Director Accounting, Job Group ‘Q’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- Hold a degree in Business Administration; Economics, Finance, Commerce or in a financial related discipline from a recognized university
- A holder of a Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Management/Administration, Finance, Economics or Commerce from a recognized institution;
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent.
- Be conversant with the Public Finance Management Act
- Resource management skills.
- Shown outstanding capability in Financial Management.
- Ability to articulate and implement Departmental Mandates.
- Organizational, analytical, managerial, and decision-making skills.
- Leadership, advocacy, relationship building and collaboration, result-oriented and self-driven, Integrity and commitment to producing results
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing.
- A certificate in Strategic Leadership and Development Programme Course from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated professional competence in the field of Accounting Services, and shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Must satisfy the provisions of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
- Assistant Fisheries Officer III
- Compilation and initial analysis of fisheries statistics;
- Participation in fish stocking programmes;
- Assisting in the distribution of fish feeds;
- Inspection of fish business premises;
- Enforcement of fisheries rules and regulations;
- Supervision of junior fisheries personnel in the stations and substations; and
- Control and surveillance of fisheries resources.
For an appointment to this grade, candidates must: –
- Be in possession of at least a KCSE C- or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Have successfully completed a Diploma in Fisheries related field or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Collection and compilation of Fisheries Statistics;
- Fisheries exploratory surveys and research;
- Fisheries extension work;
- Management and development of departmental fish farms;
- Research centers and hatcheries;
- Compilation of technical reports, fisheries monitoring, control, and surveillance; and
- Supervision of junior technical staff under his/her area of jurisdiction.
For an appointment to this grade, candidates must possess at least a Bachelor of Science degree in the following disciplines: –
- Fisheries Sciences;
- Biological Sciences;
- Physical Sciences;
- Aquatic Sciences;
- Food Sciences and Technology; and
- Environmental science and/or the qualifications equivalent from recognized institutions.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Performing complex and advanced clinical patient management in the area of specialization including Performance of cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed;
- Clinical duties in County Hospital;
- Teaching and Supervision of health workers;
- Preparing and responding to emergencies and disasters;
- Outreach clinics and surgeries in the county hospitals;
- Assist in the policy formalization;
- Monitor patients’ conditions and progress and re-evaluate treatment as necessary;
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients;
- Monitoring the provision of forensic and medico-legal services; and
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as shall be assigned from time to time.
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
- Served as senior Medical Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- A Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- Master’s Degree (M.Med) in Obstetrics and Gynaecology or equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registered with Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Being in possession of a valid practicing license from the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Livestock Production Officer
- Preparing livestock technical information;
- Providing technical advice in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, apiculture, and ranching;
- Promoting economic livestock farming;
- Participating in organizing extension activities which include field days, agricultural shows, field demonstrations, farmer field schools, and farm visits;
- Participating in collaborative research activities;
- Disseminating livestock production technologies such as the construction of livestock housing and structures, milk production, pasture and fodder production and conservation, farm planning, gross margin analysis, on-farm feed formulation;
- Implementing livestock production programmes/projects in such areas as dairy cattle farming, beef cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry, rabbits, camels, donkeys breeding programmes, fodder production and conservation, value addition to livestock products, apiculture, emerging livestock, and other animal husbandry interventions; and
- Capturing, maintaining, and storing livestock data.
For an appointment to this grade, candidates must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Animal Science, Animal Production, Agriculture, Agribusiness, Range Management, Natural Resource Management, Livestock/Agricultural Economics, Dairy Technology, or Agricultural Education and Extension from a recognized Institution; and
- Certificate in Computer Applications.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Tana River County Public Service Board is a credible government institution and therefore all its recruitments are devoid of any payments. You are hereby advised not to entertain fraudsters purporting to be employees of the Board promising to assist you to have your appointment letter processed at a fee.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, the marginalized, and Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 30th March 2021.