Technical Procurement Associate at Sanergy…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Sanergy.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
We at Sanergy are looking for a Technical Procurement Associate to improve our technical procurement process and offer support to the maintenance, engineering & procurement team in meeting their technical procurement needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with the maintenance team on collection and delivery of parts from and to site.
- Approach vendors to get quotes for purposes of populating the technical procurement sourcing database.
- Propose new vendors to be trialled out for technical procurement sourcing.
- Address emergency technical procurement sourcing needs from operations teams such as maintenance by ensuring that requests are adhered to in the shortest time possible
- Come up with proactive solutions to cater for urgent technical procurement sourcing requests
- Review historical and competitive costs to identify cost savings opportunities and variances
- Analyze category, service, material, and vendor costs to provide key decision information
- Ensure sourcing databases are up to date and accurate.
- Engage maintenance, procurement and Ops teams to and develop prioritise sourcing requests.
- Engage procurement to follow through with payments “
- Engage vendors and suppliers to get quotations
- Create a daily and weekly tactical plan of technical procurement sourcing activities
- Propose ways to improve sourcing and overall procurement processes to reduce delivery timelines
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering or Procurement.
- CIPS certification would be an advantage.
- MUST have participated in an engineering procurement project.
- Solid Knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy and systems.
- Experience in Technical Sourcing in the manufacturing sector.
- Great negotiating skills, attention to detail, critical thinker and disciplined approach to work.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 October. 2021