Landscape Monitoring Scientist Job at The Nature Conservancy…See Details on how to apply for the job vacancy available at The Nature Conservancy.
The Nature Conservancy is a charitable environmental organization, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, United States. Founded in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has over one million members and has protected more than 119,000,000 acres of land and thousands of miles of rivers worldwide.
- Landscape Monitoring Scientist
- Support program objectives by using remote sensing analysis to inform adaptive management of projects and programs.
- Participate in cross-functional teams working on the forest, grasslands, and fire management.
- Manage a grant, contract, or write a request for a proposal.
- Develop staff expertise in using automated remote sensing analysis.
- Lead ecological baseline and end-line remote sensing assessments for projects and strategies.
- Disseminates best practices and provides training to resolve technical issues.
- Establish the Conservancy as a leader in using Google Earth Engine for project monitoring and evaluation.
- Must work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, in hazardous terrain, and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Master’s Degree in a science-related field and 4 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience writing Google Earth Engine scripts for grassland and fire analyses.
- Experience using R to convert Google Earth Engine outputs into tables and figures.
- Experience manipulating, analyzing, and interpreting statistical and environmental data.
- Experience with peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals.
- Experience leading or participating in cross-functional teams.
- Experience managing complex projects including the financial aspect and coordinating the work of peers and partners.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Multi-language skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience are appreciated.
- Ph.D. and 1-3 experience.
- Strong knowledge of common software applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Training experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 25th March 2021