Communications Officer Job at The World Agroforestry Centre…See Details on how to apply for the job vacancy available at The World Agroforestry Centre.
The World Agroforestry Centre is an international institute headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and founded in 1978. The Centre specializes in the sustainable management, protection, and regulation of tropical rainforest and natural reserves.
- Communications Officer
- Support AWARD’s internal and external communication and engagement activities and ensure that they support in building an informed focus on gender-responsive agricultural research in Africa.
- Lead the development of communication products and publications focused on AWARD’s strategy including writing, editing, illustrating, designing, and formatting a stream of information materials such as regular news articles, feature blog articles, brochures, and posters.
- Design and layout of AWARD information products: Support the production of high quality, brand-compliant, multimedia information products, and visual assets.
- Maintain AWARD website and other communication platforms as needed.
- Develop, implement and manage a posting schedule for AWARD’s online platforms contributing to AWARD’s online outreach capacity.
- Coordinate production of the bi-monthly electronic newsletter: produce and compile content, distribute, and maintain mailing lists.
- Track and analyze the online footprint and media mentions of AWARD and amplify these where appropriate.
- Assist in media engagement.
- Field and respond to general inquiries.
- Document AWARD events or events that AWARD participates in.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, or related field, preferably in the development, science, agriculture, or NGO sector.
- At least five years’ relevant, professional experience in a communications position.
- Fluency in English required.
- Superior writing and communication skills, with demonstrated experience in the application of professional editorial standards, journalistic news writing, and corporate brand style.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline:3rd April 2021.