Senior Reviser (Chinese) Job at United Nations Office…See Details on how to apply for the job vacancy available at United Nations Office.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi is one of four major United Nations office sites where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s headquarters in Africa.
- Senior Reviser
- Revises translations and original summary records dealing with subjects of an exceptionally sensitive, complex, or technical nature, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards.
- Translates texts of an exceptionally sensitive, complex, or technical nature, while meeting or exceeding required workload standards.
- Makes full use of standard computer-assisted-translation (CAT) tools and assists the Chief of Translation and Editorial Section (TES) in promoting their utilization and in implementing any related IT tools and improvements.
- Directs the conduct of terminological research within the translation unit.
- Counsels and assists revisers and translators/as required.
- Assists the Chief of TES in the preparation of terminology materials to meet the needs of the Section.
- Performs quality control of contractual translations and monitors quality of all documents processed by the Unit.
- Trains and supervises junior language staff.
- Programmes daily and long-term work of the Unit.
- Assists the Chief of TES in selecting texts for United Nations competitive examinations, in marking candidates’ scripts, and in evaluating results.
- Supervises staff within the Unit; this includes performance management.
- May serve as officer-in-charge in the absence of the Chief of TES.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A first-level degree from a university or institution of equivalent status is required. Candidates for this position must have passed the relevant combined United Nations Language Competitive Examination for Translators/Précis-writers, Editors, Verbatim Reporters, and Copy Preparers/Proofreaders/Production Editors or the relevant United Nations language competitive examinations held before 2017.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in translation, précis-writing, editing, self-revision, verbatim reporting, copy preparing, proofreading, production editing, or related area is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline:9th April 2021.