Apply for Public Health Officer Job at BUC 2020
Bomet University College (BUC) is a Constituent College of Moi University, established through the Legal Notice No. 145 of 27th July 2017. BUC is located in Bomet County. The BUC invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions;
Public Health Officer II Scale BUC 8
- Responsible for general cleanliness and ensuring that sanitary requirements are maintained.
- Supervise staff under them.
- Inspection of food premises, hostels and staff houses to ensure public health standards are maintained.
- Inspection of meat and other foods.
- Participate in immunization programme
- Participate in provision of health education.
- Participate in inspection for food handlers
- Identifying public health issues in the university.
- Sensitizing the university community on food and water safety measures.
- Advise in the control and prevention of insects vectors of diseases.
- Collection of water samples for bacteriological and chemical analysis.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Public Health or Environmental Health Sciences from a recognized institution
- Membership of Public Health Association of Kenya (APHOK).
- At least Five (6) years’ relevant work experience in a comparable institution
- Computer skills from recognized institution
How to Apply
All applicants must satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
Interested applicants should visit the Bomet University College website https://www.buc.ac.ke for detailed Job Specifications, Terms of Service, Remuneration and other Job Requirements. The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 6th April, 2020 at 5.00 pm. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to: The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.