Associate – Africa Social Sector at McKinsey & Company… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at McKinsey & Company.
McKinsey & Company is a global management consulting firm. We are the trusted advisor to the world’s leading businesses, governments, and institutions.
- You’ll work on projects that are typically longer term, more tangible, and with greater focus on leadership and coaching of client teams.
- You will work exclusively with governments, donors, and senior leaders in civil service on transformational challenges in economic development by building capabilities, overseeing transformation, and delivering policy solutions.
- You will analyze data to identify opportunities and drive performance. As an Associate, you will co-create performance targets and milestones with clients.
- You will set up and manage project management systems to track performance, and you’ll also have the chance to strengthen your specific technical/sectorial expertise to offer specialist delivery support to clients with targeted needs.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in and lead internal knowledge building initiatives and contribute to industry conferences and workshops.
- Undergraduate & advanced degree in Medicine / Engineering / Oil & Gas / Agriculture / Economics or related disciplines with an excellent academic record required
- 5+ years of experience in industry/development-consulting style position or working in a public or social sector institution
- Experience working in Africa is a strong plus
- Demonstrate sound reasoning and critical thinking skills
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English. French-speaking proficiency, an added advantage.