Gender-Based Violence Coordinator Jobs 2021 at Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya….See details below on how to apply for the position at Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya 2021.
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is a local, not-for-profit organization. We understand the local context, make use of local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure we implement evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high caliber, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Gender-Based Violence Coordinator for its Shinda project in Siaya County.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Deputy Project Director/Senior technical advisor, the GBV Coordinator has the overall responsibility of leading, coordinating and overseeing GBV activities in CHS supported health facilities in Siaya County.
- Provide technical support, supervision and guidance to the GBV-related activities (incl. Case management, psychosocial support to women, girls and men, emotional support groups, information dissemination, risk mitigation activities and community mobilization).
- Develop comprehensive and tailored technical capacity building plans for program and facility staff based on respective needs
- Develop training packages tailored to the capacity and needs of County/s; The training package on GBV; assessment, identification and referral of protection cases; delivery of Psychological First Aid (PFA); dissemination of key protection messages and information on available services.
- Technically supervise technical officers on GBV prevention and response;
- Prepare proposals to secure follow on or expansion funding for the GBV program as per identified needs and in line with the Protection strategy;
- Participate in gathering evidence to be used in GBV cases in conjunction with relevant bodies, and arms of government including but not limited to the police, the courts, hospitals, FIDA among other stakeholders to ensure quick resolutions of the cases.
- Work closely with Prevention unit to develop and implement ethical and safe monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, including qualitative tools and GBVIMS analysis;
- Represent CHS before relevant National and County level forums on GBV programming and GBV-related issues;
- Must have University degree or higher education relevant to social work, women’s studies or other relevant fields;
- More than 3 years’ experience implementing GBV response and prevention programs; Experience in implementing GBV projects through local partners and providing direct technical support to local organizations
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with GBV cases and ensuring justice through the collection of evidence and litigation cycle to the conclusion.
- Strong program/technical budget management, planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to
clearly indicating the subject title as Gender-Based Violence Coordinator
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Closing Date : 3rd February, 2021