Clinical Officer Job at Kenya Medical Research… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kenya Medical Research.
Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to the Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
- Provide clinical care as applicable at the hospital.
- Screen and identify potentially eligible participants for the various studies taking place in Mbagathi.
- Provide information, education and support to families or guardians of potentially eligible research subjects.
- Administer or oversee the informed consent process.
- Conduct trial-related assessments and collection of data using case record forms in accordance to Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Assist with documentation and reporting of serious adverse events and clinical endpoints, including death and readmission to hospital for study participants
- Help to manage study-specific fieldworkers including the planning of field activities.
- Foster good working relations with the hospital’s clinical team and be able to contribute to/participate in continuous medical education (CME) activities in pediatric department
- Obtain demographic information and detailed medical history, comorbidities, drug allergies etc,
- Collection of trial-specific blood samples including nasopharyngeal swabs, blood, and sputum samples according to the laid-out SOPs.
- Prescribe investigational products and other pharmaceutical drugs. Monthly review of participants to assess drug tolerability and other symptoms and fever.
- Record reasons for participants’ withdrawal from studies.
- Conduct quality checks for CRFs and other trial-related documents
- Record of protocol deviations, maintaining of file notes, documenting lost to follow-ups.
- Be required to undertake other duties, which are broadly in line with the above key roles and responsibilities.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- At least 3 years of experience in pediatric care.
- Prior evident work experience in clinical research studies/ clinical trials and can apply GCP standards.
- Flexible – able to work extra hours when needed
- Able to work in stressful environments, self-driven, and highly motivated.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience of care for sick malnourished children.
- Personnel management skills and computer-literate with proficiency in project management tools and Microsoft applications.
- Based at the Mbagathi Hospital, Nairobi.
- Be available to work flexibly, out of hours as necessary.
- Travel to other trial sites for covering leave and for training.
- Exposure to patients and materials considered infectious and/or biohazards.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 31st October 2021.