Officer Job – Portfolio Monitoring at Sidian Bank… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Sidian Bank.
At Sidian Bank, we recognize the significant accountability and inherent risks that an entrepreneur takes to make his ideas and dreams a reality. It is for this reason that our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to create wealth through provision of transformational financial solutions that meet entrepreneurs needs and facilitate growth through convenience and choice.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of management reports i.e. Daily portfolio reports, monthly reports
- Timely preparation and submission of credit performance report i.e. Weekly and monthly credit related performance both individual performance reports and departmental performance.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of CBK statutory reports both monthly and quarterly reports
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of reports to financial partners DFIs both monthly and quarterly reports
- Ensure risk classification is consistent with the stipulations of the bank’s credit policy and CBK prudential guidelines and action is taken on those accounts that are showing signs of deterioration.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of CBK provisions in line with prudential guideline (PG)
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of IFRS 9 provisions in line with IFRS reporting standard and guideline
- Ensure timely preparation and updating of IFRS 9 model and LGDS & PDs in line with the IFRS guideline
- Review of sector exposures to ensure compliance to set banks limits by ensuring optimal profitability of the bank.
- Undertake daily and monthly update of CRB data in line with the CRB regulations
- Ensure all insider lending and top borrower’s documentation are in place and up to date.
- Coordinating all audit reviews being undertaken in credit department both internal and external
- Ensure that the data keyed in the system on all aspects of credit facilities is valid and correctly done to avoid income leakage and future litigation. i.e Interest rates, loan tenors and facility collaterals
- Ensure timely filing of all reports and documents relating to credit related transactions.
- Identify and report any system and application shortcomings in supporting the loan products both CQ and T24
- Ensure compliance with internal and statutory policies.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensure full compliance with the Bank’s Credit Policy, Central Bank of Kenya guidelines and appropriate provisions of the Banking Act with respect to mobile lending.
- Comply with the banks Anti Money Laundering (AML) & Combating the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) policy as defined by CBK prudential guideline
- Ensure that confidentiality and integrity of the Bank’s information is maintained at all times in line with cyber security and information security guidelines
- Ensuring adherence to the policies as defined in the IT security policy considering the disciplinary process that follows any violation
- Ensure responsibility for using personal data by following the data protection principles under the data protection act and make sure the information is used fairly, lawfully and transparently and used for specified, explicit purposes.
- Ensure compliance with all banks policies, procedures and all statutory requirements.
- Ensure proper systems/documentations are in place to effectively manage AML/CFT risks and strict compliance with the Banking laws, the prudential guidelines and regulations issued by CBK, and other legal guidelines that may be issued by the government or other industry stakeholders, from time to time.
- Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics/Mathematics
- Bachelor of commerce (Finance or Accounting) or other relevant Business Degree
- 2 years’ experience in banking operations, with sound exposure to credit or lending and Credit monitoring.
- Professional Banking qualification (ACIB) or Credit Administration/Credit Monitoring will be an added advantage
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding set targets.
- Versatility, flexibility, passion and commitment to quality service delivery.
- Good understanding of SIDIAN Credit risk policy.