Coordinator, Light Vehicle Workshops at First Quantum Minerals
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like work
ing anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
- This role is responsible for providing the highest quality services and that all services provided are performed within a safe and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give clear direction, control and supervise the mechanical supervisors to ensure safe and profitable work environment for all.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety and the safety of your subordinates.
- Be accurate, methodical, and practical when giving guidance to mechanical supervisors and artisans.
- Ensure subordinates follow laid down policies and procedures as outlined by management.
- Enforce Compliance to work order attachments and documents such as JSA’s, Work Procedure’s, SWI’s, etc.
- Co-ordinate and ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management systems, policies and procedures along with ensuring that all risks have been identified, managed and safe working environment is maintained
- Provide the superintendent with necessary feedback on the needs of employees and matters requiring management’s attention.
- Enforce good housekeeping practices are maintained by enforcing cleaning up before, during and after every task and not leaving any hazards within the workplace
- Provide the superintendent with practical suggestions and improvements for the section.
- Ensure that the subordinates receive all necessary training being offered by the companies training team and beyond.
- Coordinate with departmental team members, as well as other departmental members.
- Have the ability to plan and schedule a heavy workload, breakdowns and maintenance requirements. Also to arrange materials spares and manpower allocation in collaboration with the planning department.
- Possess high-level communications skills for all stakeholders.
- Assist in the proactive identification of repair and maintenance works required which includes spares sourcing abilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Competencies:
- High coordination, control and direction skills including troubleshooting abilities
- Repair and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct mobile fleet experience.
- The ability to make informed decisions.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive, self-motivated and conscientious attitude.
- Detail Orientation and attention.
- Good follow up skills to ensure jobs are done timeously.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Be active at continuous improvement of the assigned section.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of a relevant Craft Certificate or its equivalent. Higher qualifications will be an added advantage.
- 10 years’ minimum experience in the mining industry or equivalent at a Supervisory level.
- Proven Knowledge and experience on Light and Medium vehicles, forklifts, cranes and generators.
- Repair and maintenance supervision background, with preference given to direct large fleet experience
Method of Application
Closing Date: 4 Oct 2020