Inclusive Agribusiness Advisor Job – Kenya at International Fertilizer Development Center… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Fertilizer Development Center.
We provide solutions to alleviate global hunger and poverty through the promotion of economic development and self-sufficiency.
- Collect and analyze market and industry information related to anticipated and existing PPPs under her/ his responsibility.
- Design, formalize, implement, monitor, and document PPPs with private business champions (companies or cooperatives) and other relevant private/ public partners:
- Mobilization of actors around target agribusiness clusters and value chains.
- Profiling/ assessments of agribusiness cluster and value chain actors.
- Business connections of grassroots actors.
- Coordination of activities of connected local actors within agribusiness clusters, based on competitive strategies.
- Capacity building (technical, organizational) and empowerment programs.
- Promotion of innovations within agribusiness clusters and value chains.
- Capacity and trust building activities to improve efficiency and reduce transaction costs within value chains.
- Linkage of value chain actors to financial and other support services.
- PPP key performance indicators and markers for change.
- PPP action plans and cost-shared budgets.
- Facilitate the development of PPP strategies that are gender-transformative, foster youth inclusion, and are environmentally sustainable:
- Develop partnership agreements with clear theories of change, and well as related action plans and cost-shared budgets.
- Coordinate field interventions that fall under 2SCALE’s responsibility, in line with set targets, and in close collaboration with supporting 2SCALE cross-cutting specialists. These activities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Monitor and document the progress of the PPPs in line with:
- Use a gender lens in every action, analyze gender-related constraints and ensure that proposed strategies are gender-sensitive and address key constraints faced by female stakeholders in each PPP.
- Analyze youth-related constraints (for both young women and young men) and ensure that proposed strategies improve youth employment and youth integration in PPPs and their value chains.
- Lead the inclusion of environmental considerations in all PPPs, and in every pilot of a new technology/ practice, and design – if needed – capacity building activities to mitigate environmental risks.
Communication and stakeholders’ engagement
- Ensure that business champions and other relevant private partners understand and adhere to commonly agreed standards of corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Design upon request – capacity building activities to deepen the design/ implementation/ monitoring of CSR policies.
- Organize frequent governance meetings with the lead partner(s) and other parties in the PPPs.
- Ensure that governance mechanisms implemented in the partnership are inclusive
- Collaborate with the Communication Specialists to develop outreach materials in a frequent manner
- Ensure the visibility of the PPPs and their development (achievements, challenges, lessons learnt).
- Represent the program at relevant national/ local events.
- Write and submit timely activity reports, as well as other technical reports, notes, and partnership profiles.
- Prepare service agreements for business support services, in collaboration with the 2SCALE Contract Manager. Monitor these agreements, particularly through frequent field visits to cluster actors.
- Lead the validation, sharing and filing of the minutes of every governance meeting.
- The Inclusive Agribusiness Advisor may implement other tasks that the 2SCALE management deems necessary for the success of the program.
Supervision and team collaboration
- The Inclusive Agribusiness Advisor is supervised by and reports to his / her Country Team Leader-
- She / he benefits from the coaching of his/her Country Team Leader
- She / he is a team player and works in close collaboration with thematic specialists and 2SCALE colleagues from other consortium members.
- Participate pro-actively in the industry team, composed of all Inclusive Agribusiness Advisors with PPPs in the same industry.
- Respond to and seek advice from the 2SCALE management to improve industry knowledge, forward-looking strategizing within the industry, and priority-setting within existing and new PPPs.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in agribusiness or agriculture.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in agribusiness/agriculture with the private sector.
- Good understanding of and work experience in value chain development.
- Proven experience in organizing and facilitating capacity building programs (trainings, demonstrations, field visits, etc.), business meetings, and other events for value chain stakeholders.
- Result-orientation and ability to take initiatives under minimal supervision, and to reach targets.
- Excellent spoken English and ability to write quality documents in Standard English.