Agri-investments Analyst Job – Financial Inclusion at International Fertilizer Development Center… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Fertilizer Development Center.
We provide solutions to alleviate global hunger and poverty through the promotion of economic development and self-sufficiency.
The Agri-investments Analyst will be assigned to undertake economic or financial analysis on trends and changes within the portfolio of agribusinesses for IFDC in several project countries, where his/her principal duties shall include but not limited to:
- Analyze Agri-financial information to forecast agribusiness and/or Agri value chains, or economic conditions.
- Analyse farming investment opportunities through the development of in-depth analysis and cash flow models for a wide variety of agricultural commodities within selected project and IFDC countries
- Assist in the preparation of investment recommendations for our strategic financial partners and third-party investors
- Interpret agribusinesses data on price, yield, stability, future investment risk trends, economic influences, and other factors.
- Monitor economic situations and model changes within specified agribusiness.
- Use various econometric modelling software and techniques to produce reports
- Apply models of economic behaviour to areas such as crop or livestock value chain cost structures.
- Provide financial analysis in relation to credit, loans, or investments in a variety of agribusiness sectors.
- Enlist some ideas to improve the supply of (adequate) Agri-financial services, through networking with likeminded programs, international/regional financial services providers and/or impact investors.
- Organise learning and contribute to documentation of best practices, lessons-learned on aspects of financial inclusion within the project.
- Any other assignment that the project management deems necessary for the success of the projects.
Education & Experience
- A degree in a discipline relevant to Agri-Finance and Investment Banking, a master’s degree and experience in agriculture is preferred.
- Relevant Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in Agri-banking consulting/advisory of which 2-3 years of relevant experience in the Agri-Credit-Financing department for a commercial bank.
- Track record in investment plan preparation, Agri-value chains profitability analysis, access to finance brokering and indebt knowledge of Agri- financial products available in the market suitable for smallholder farmers, and Agri-SMEs.
- Proven capacity to work with teams operating at a distance in a development work (NGO) environment for at least 1 years is a must.
- Strong financial modelling and quantitative skills with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in working with FinTech is desirable.
- Ability to coach, lead, stimulate, and inspire professionals.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non‐technical people
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English. French is an asset.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 15th October 2022.