Junior Accountant Job at Pezesha… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Pezesha.
Pezesha has created a holistic financial marketplace for MSMEs. By offering lending, financial education, and debt counseling to borrowers, plus a proprietary credit scoring system to vet MSMEs without a credit history, de-risking lending to SMEs.
- Maintain accounts for the company and any subsidiaries or countries we operate as per international financial reporting standards (IFRS and IAS).
- Petty cash and administration management
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Performing risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Ensure all accounting processes are streamlined and in accordance with the respective jurisdiction.
- Forecast monthly and quarterly cash requirements for the business and prepare periodic budgets for the different departments and any company activities or projects
- Provide strategic decision making based on accounting reporting to always ensure cost management and revenue optimization strategies
- Collaborate with finance team for investor reporting, covenant compliance, budget variation, financial statements analysis
- Reconcile transactions on the dashboard, mobile money statements and other statements and liaise with the Tech team to resolve any irregularities.
- Design, prepare and present monthly financial statement analysis suitable for Board-level or management presentations
- Liaise with all other business units to challenge the status quo, implement new ideas, investigate and implement more efficient solutions and treasury processes
- At least 2 years of relevant accounting experience, with at least 2 years with a high growth startup/company.
- Lateral experiences within a corporate finance, investments & transactions, or comparable role will be favored.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of online QuickBooks or other related accounting software or tools
- Sound analytical skills and advanced skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of local taxation in KE / prior experience dealing with KRA Audits/Requests
- Professional qualification: CPA or ACCA or CFA certified or an equivalent certified
- Added advantage: experience in Fintech or East African Banking industry
- Added Advantage: Financial Advisory (Financial Institutions) at KPMG, PWC or EY
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use Ref: 2022-Junior Accountant as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2022.