Karen Hospital Recruitment 2021…See Details on how to apply for the vacancies available at Karen Hospital.
The Karen Hospital is a 102-bed multispecialty hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road, Nairobi. We offer patient-focused, world-class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients indiscriminately. With our State of the art amenities, equipment, and well-trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
- Oncology Nurse
- Assist medical staff in the overall care of the patient and ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
- Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
- To utilize the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed the patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
- To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
- To ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy, and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision-making related to their care.
- Implement infection control measures to provide a safe environment for patients, staff, and others.
- To be knowledgeable of the equipment inward/department and to safeguard hospital/patient property and equipment from damage, wastage, or loss.
- To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping, and storage for continuity, quality, and legal reference.
- To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
- KRN, KRN/KRM, KRCHN, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Higher Diploma in Haematology / Oncology or Breast Cancer is added advantage.
- 6 years of relevant work experience 2 of which must be in oncology units.
- BLS certified
- High standards of grooming and personal etiquette.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills.
- Human Resources Business Partner
- Facilitate end-to-end Performance Management process for the Organization by providing continuous performance management guidance to line management while ensuring individual objectives are aligned and supportive to achieving the Corporate goal.
- Provides individualized coaching and mentorship to team leaders/staff.
- Tracking trends in business/employee performance and providing leaders with visibility.
- Ensure that performance expectations are clear within the business unit, both for the departments and for individual staff and all staff have a documented KPI for the performance year (develop a matrix tracker).
- Provides continuous performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, consequence management).
- Embedding the recruitment, selection, and promotion methods to hire, orient, and assimilate the desired talent.
- Manage the company Talent Management cycle circle from planning/forecasting, recruitment, and placement, succession planning, etc.
- Facilitate the company recruitment plans while being held accountable for the quality of talent in the company – both internally and the quality of external recruits.
- Conduct quarterly talent reviews and contribute to capabilities building in all departments.
Learning and Development;
- Ensure technical and functional skill development needs are properly and adequately met across the business units.
- Liaise with the HOD’s to identify and address learning needs (TNA) in the departments.
- Developed a corporate Training Calendar and manage Training Budget.
- Develop and implement tools for measuring the effectiveness of training and our Return on Investment.
- Be a coach and confidant to the departmental leader and team leaders and appropriately challenge the status quo where needful.
- Together with employees and functional leads craft employee-centered solutions aimed at improving work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Ensure that all tools and techniques that help drive engagement are utilized e.g. use of recognition and differentiated rewards.
- Facilitate resolution of employee engagement issues and consultatively creating sustained solutions to individual and collective employee challenges.
- Facilitate engagement sessions with teams aimed at performance and productivity improvements.
- Manages and resolves employee relations issues in collaboration with Chief HR Officer.
Transformation/Culture Change Partner;
- Drive and transform the culture of the company through influence and outcome-based interventions co-crafted with the business and in line with the envisaged company’s transformative purpose.
- Prompt and advise the senior leaders on the effective management of change so that business performance is impacted positively by the change process and colleagues are treated fairly and are supportive of the change.
- Help staff to cope and appreciate change/transformation initiatives by regular engagement and sessions with staff as well as collect key feedback to aid in decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Social sciences or relevant field.
- Registered member of Institute of Human Resource Management (HRM)
- At least 3-5 years of HR experience in a variety of disciplines e.g. Learning & Development. employee engagement, recruitment, and compensation & benefits
- Tenacity & Trusted to deliver – great work ethic and integrity.
- Execution Excellence -Focus on achieving results.
- Change adaptability and comfortable with working with ambiguity.
- Design thinking and agile methodology of working.
- Good Coaching capability and handling difficult feedback
- Employee/Customer-centric individual.
How to Apply
send your detailed CV to us by email to:
quoting the reference number.
Application Deadline: 5th March 2021.