Management Accountant at Zambart
- Company: Zambart
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Zambart is a research-focused non-governmental organisation that conducts research on HIV and Tuberculosis to help control and mitigate the impact of the dual epidemic. Zambart staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication and counselling.
Zambart is looking for an ambitious and suitably qualified person to fill the position of Management Accountant.
The purpose of this role is to provide Zambart management with timely and accurate financial management reports and support the Finance Manager to develop and implement sound, effective and efficient financial management systems across the research organisation.
The jobholder will report to the Finance Manager
- Support research teams in preparation of budgets and plans during proposal writing ensuring the Zambart policies is followed in all proposal budgeting
- Support the Finance Manager in preparation and consolidation of annual organizational wide budgets
- Support research teams in budget reforecasting and/or reprogramming
- Prepare monthly management reports that provide analysis and comment to support decision making.
- Assists the Finance Manager in establishing and implementing robust budgetary controls
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of quarterly donor reports
- Support the Finance Manager in preparation of annual statutory and donor specific accounts for audit
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring monthly accounting routines are performed
- Assist the Finance Manager in coordinating and supporting internal and external audits
- Assists the Finance Manager to develop, test, and implement policies and procedures to ensure an internal control environment and maintenance of accurate accounting records
- Fully CIMA qualified professional, you must be analytical and detail-oriented with good math skills and an expert understanding of current accounting principles.
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to analyze and summarize complex information.
- You must have a strong understanding of donor grant management, business and finance principles in order to interpret data and make strategic recommendations.
- You must have strong computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheet and accounting software programs
- You must also have strong leadership and managerial abilities, good personal interaction skills and be able to work well under pressure.
- You must have hands-on experience of planning, budgeting and management reporting
- You must be registered with ZICA
This post is initially for a period of 2 years renewable subject to performance. Applicants must be ready to commence work immediately.
Method of Application
Applicants meeting the criteria for the above jobs should send their latest CVs, cover letter and copies of qualification to the email address below, outlining very clearly how they meet the above criteria;
Email: [email protected]
The Human Resource Manager