Programme Assistant Job (Data Analyst) G5 at World Food Programme… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at World Food Programme.
The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
- Design, develop and implement databases that can effectively enable WFP to monitor its food system and resilience projects.
- Collect, analyse and visualise monitoring data to effectively guide technical teams and field offices on programme design and implementation.
- Applying appropriate statistical principles, identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets in support of M&E and programme teams in analysis and reporting.
- Liaise with technical units and field offices to ensure that timely action is taken on monitoring and evaluation recommendations for the Food Systems and Resilience team.
- Work closely with the monitoring and evaluation team to continually advice and improve M&E tools and databases in line with new innovations and technology advancements so as to ensure the tools exhibit improved and efficient data collection, analysis and visualization capabilities and are more user friendly.
- Manage and monitor distribution data for food and cash transfers under WFP’s food system and resilience programmes.
- Assist technical team leads in planning, monitoring and reconciling budgets to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively.
- Co-produce reports for donors and external audiences in collaboration with technical units.
- Provide support to studies, evaluations and monitoring activities through training, database design, data collection, data analysis and report writing.
- Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Computer science, information technology or statistics. An advanced degree in the relevant field is a plus.
- At least five (5) years of experience database systems and analysis.
- Prior experience with a humanitarian organization or with analysis of monitoring data would be an added advantage.
- Experience in using relational database systems including MS SQL Server, Oracle and Microsoft access, Mastery of Software Development Tools e.g. Asp.net (C#, VB.net), PHP and other development platforms.
- Experience in using analysis software’s including SPSS, tableau, R and other analysis software.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Application Deadline: 14th June 2023.