Resource Mobilization Officer Job at Kenya Girl Guides Association… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kenya Girl Guides Association.
Kenya Girl Guides Association is one of the oldest youth focused organizations that works to empower girls and young women using non formal education.
- The Resource Mobilization Officer responsible for the management of Association’s fundraising initiatives and overall oversight and coordination of donor engagement and all fundraising and proposal writing; building an increasingly, diversified network of resource partners including development partners, corporates, academia, philanthropists National and County Governments and foundations who share in the vision of the Association; create collaborations to meet the current and future needs of Kenya Girl Guides Association.
- Develop and implement the Association’s Resource Mobilisation Strategy that includes securing new,
- diverse and additional resources/funding for the Association. The strategy should respond to KGGA’s
- funding needs.
- Mobilizing financial and non-financial resources from private sectors entities, individuals and corporates.
- Produce Resource Mobilisation Plans and Reports.
- Achieve appealing proposals and concepts and effective communication with donor focal points.
- Association’s focal point for resource mobilisation and sustainability activities.
- Conduct and develop funding needs assessment for KGGA.
- Develop a Resource Mobilization Manual that includes standard operating procedures and processes; and define the direction of resource acquisition and utilization.
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net
- worth individuals. This includes proactively identifying funding opportunities, as soon as or ideally before
- they become public knowledge and constantly scan the horizon, network and solicit donor intelligence and share information on donor profiles.
- Draft appealing proposals and concepts to diverse sources, including development partners, corporates, academia, policy-makers, philanthropists, and foundations.
- Monitor donor reporting and grant expenditure deadlines; responding to these deadlines while participating in the preparation of quality financial and narrative reports to donors
- Work closely with the Finance team in development of appropriate budgets.
- Developing, managing and updating Friends of Guiding databases to record their contacts and information.
- Maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships.
- Develop and Strengthen Partnerships for Joint Proposal Writing especially with credible organizations.
- Registering the Association with relevant Fund Raising Associations.
- Manage al KGGA Centres for revenue collection.
- Organize resource mobilization events.
- Undertake other duties as your line manager should require in keeping with the responsibility of the post.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Business Communication, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience in developing fund-raising strategy and institutional resource mobilisation, understanding of the development sector and grants management.
- A proven track record of fundraising from major donors, corporate and foundations.
- At least 5 years’ experience in NGO Sector.
- Proven competence in written and spoken English, Good writing and editorial skills.
- Proven skills in developing and writing successful funding proposals
- Have high energy, confident presenter who is able to engage people and get them to commit funding/and or to partnering with FAWE.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Also, very strong networking skills and excellent
- interpersonal relationship skills