Risk Management Officer Job at Interswitch… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Interswitch.
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. The company started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing company that builds and manages payment infrastructure as well as deliver innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. Interswitch has demonstrated consistent, strong and profitable growth since the business was founded.
- Assist with implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management framework for Interswitch Kenya;
- Assist with implementation of Risk Management and Control Policies and Processes;
- Work with other departments to ensure prioritization of identified risks and reporting of the same;
- Continuously update the organization-wide Risk Register based on business environmental changes as guided by Head of Risk Management;
- Assist in improving and monitoring organization-wide Risk Appetite and Tolerance framework;
- Work with Business Groups to ensure development and continuous update of Risk Control Self-Assessments (RCSAs) and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for all departments.
- Assist in conducting Enterprise Risk Assessment on Business Groups and as required support the requirements of Regulators or adopted certification standards;
- Assist in conducting vendor and other Third-Party Risk Assessments to support business and partners’ requirements in collaboration with IT Risk and Security Team;
- Conduct Risk Assessment of existing and newly developed products and services and ensuring identified concerns are addressed before they are signed-off for launch/go-live;
- Assist in conducting control assessments/reviews as planned in the Internal Control Plan and in fulfillment of the requirements of adopted standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 20000, ISO 22301, etc.;
- Engages concerned Business Group to perform root cause analysis on identified risk events/incidents to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in future;
- Liaise with the Legal and Compliance department on addressing compliance risks affecting the organization;
- Assist in managing Internal fraud and Operational losses;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Economics or Technology related course
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Risk Management
Professional qualifications & other skills
- Be a member of a professional body such as IRM, GARP, ISACA and any other relevant to the field
- Knowledge and experience on Payment Schemes Rules (Verve, Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay, etc)
- Skilled in using MS Office tools
- Coding and programming skills will be an added advantage