Senior Administrative Assistant Job, G7 at United Nations Environment Programme… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations Environment Programme.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- Coordinates various actions related to the administration of the unit’s human resource activities, e.g., recruitment, placement, promotion, relocation, performance appraisal, job classification reviews, separation of staff members, training etc., ensuring consistency in the application of UN rules and procedures. Liaises with central administration /executive services as required.
- Oversees the maintenance of vacancy announcement files and keeps track of status of vacancy announcements.
- Advises staff on visa matters.
- Provides advice and answers general queries on classification procedures and processes.
- Provides information and advice to staff/consultants with respect to conditions of service, duties and responsibilities, and privileges and entitlements under the Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Monitors Umoja staffing tables for a variety of human resource activities, e.g., appointments, retirement, expiration of appointments, reassignments, transfer and movement of staff.
BUDGET AND FINANCE
- Collects data from relevant databases and prepares customized financial reports.
- Provides assistance in the review, and preparation of the medium-term plan and its revisions.
- Reviews, analyses and assists in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals, in terms of staff and non-staff requirements from departments/offices at headquarters and in the field, including programmatic aspects; ensures compliance with the medium-term plan and other legislative mandates.
- Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
- Monitors budget implementation/expenditures and recommends reallocation of funds as necessary.
- Reviews requisitions for goods and services to ensure (a) correct objects of expenditure have been charged, and (b) availability of funds.
- Monitors extrabudgetary resources, including review of agreements and cost plans, ensuring compliance with regulations and rules and established policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of budget performance submissions.
- Assists in finalization of budget performance reports, analyzing variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures.
- Provides guidance, training and daily supervision to other general service staff in the area of responsibility.
- Provides assistance in drafting of host country agreements, budget agreements, or contributions for grants or other activities as appropriate.
- Identifies and resolves diverse issues/problems as they arise, and determines appropriate actions.
- Coordinates extensively with service units and liaises frequently with internal team members both at Headquarters and in the field.
- Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme, monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services, physical space planning and the identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, organize and coordinate seminars, conferences and translations).
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Prepares and processes all UN forms and permissions for contractual and work unit, section or service staff, including UN grounds passes, property passes, UN parking permits, swipe-card access and door keys.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training in administration, project/programme administration, human resources or related field is required.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area is required.
- Working experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is required
- Working experience in computer applications, mainly spreadsheets and ability to interpret and apply UN administrative and financial policies is desirable.
- Experience within the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
- One (1) year or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 13th November 2022.
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/kescholars.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461