Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Jobs 2021 at So They Can….See details below on how to apply for the position at KSo They Can 2021.
We work together with communities and their governments in Kenya and Tanzania to educate and empower, so they can break the poverty cycle, realize their own potential, and meet their own needs. We are a not-for-profit organization registered in Australia, New Zealand, Kenya, Tanzania, and the United States. Education is at the core of everything we do
We have an open vacancy for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer), for our Kenyan office. This is an exciting opportunity for a career professional to take the lead in driving program accountability and impact.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Reports to: Education Manager on operational issues, MEL Manager Tanzania on MEL strategy.
Term: Permanent on satisfactory completion of six (6) months probation
The primary purpose of the M&E Officer will be to ensure accurate and timely monitoring and evaluating for STC Kenya. The incumbent will be responsible for overall M&E and Learning needs of the programs and will report findings based on real data to show performance of the projects.
The aim of the role is to provide technical advice on frameworks, tools and methodologies to strengthen M&E systems to enable the organisation to effectively report its impact. The incumbent will be expected to actively work with project staff in the filed to undertake the M&E.
The M&E Officer will support the team in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for all programs and projects. The findings produced by the M&E Officer will be a basis for the development of the projects and for wider leaning of the organisation.
Additionally, the M& E Officer will work with other members of the team in both Kenya and Tanzania, as need be, on proposal writing, follow up of program expenses and indicators, implementation of processes, standard operating procedures and any other tasks given to her/him by his/her Manager or member of So They Can Executive Committee.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University Degree, preferably in Development Studies, Business Administration, Social Science, Statistics, or other related field;
- At least 3 years work experience in offering program support in donor funded projects;
- Extensive experience with monitoring program implementation using qualitative and quantitative approaches;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating for education and/or community development programs;
- Demonstrable experience in coaching, mentoring or managing teams of professionals;
- Excellent ICT skills with command of MS Excel and other MS Office packages;
- Strong verbal and written English and Kiswahili language skills.
- Experience using data analysis packages and database management systems, particularly Salesforce.
Conditions of Service: So They Can offers an attractive compensation package for the role. Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible an no later than March 2021.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 5th February, 2021