Team Leader at Sustainet Group….See Details on how to apply for the vacancies available at Sustainet Group.
Sustainet E.A. is a Non- governmental organization promoting sustainable agricultural practices in East and Horns of Africa. Our network includes 209 NGOs/CBOs from the region with a reach out of 1.5 million small-holder farmers. Sustainet E.A. Focuses on promotion of sustainable agricultural practices aimed at eradicating hunger and poverty through increasing agricultural productivity and profitability while conserving the utilization of the natural resources. Sustainet came into being as an initiative by the German Council for Sustainable Development through “programme of action 2015: Poverty reduction- a Global Responsibility”, in 2003. The project was piloted in three regions of East Africa (Kenya and Tanzania), Asia (India) and Latin America (Peru and Bolivia) www.sustainet.org. However in 2009 founding member organizations from East Africa region at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) resolved to legally register the initiative as an international NGO.
According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), around 447,0001 refugees are currently living in Kenya, hosted mainly in regions in the country – Kakuma Refugee Camp and Kalobeyei Settlement in northern Kenya and Dadaab in north-eastern Kenya. Kakuma and Kalobeyei are home to the country’s second-largest refugee population, currently hosting 174, 002 refugees, mainly from South Sudan and Somalia. The Kakuma refugee camp has been in existence since 1992 and many of the children and young people in the camp grew up here. Due to the continuous influx of refugees over the years, there was a need to expand Kakuma refugee camp to decongest it. In 2015, UNHCR and the Government of Kenya agreed to pilot a new approach by developing the Kalobeyei Settlement to promote, in an integrated manner, self-reliance of the refugees and host population by enhancing livelihood opportunities and promoting inclusive service delivery. The Government of Kenya and donor are supporting the implementation of this project focusing on refugees and host communities in Turkana West Sub-county:
i. Support to Refugees and Host Communities in Kenya’ (SRHC) which is part of the BMZ Special Initiative on Forced Displacement. The project has a duration of eight years (2015 to 2022).
This project is aimed at improving the lives of refugees and host communities. This is achieved by providing them with relevant technical and life skills to be self-reliant and supports their (re-) integration into the labor market in Kenya (or their country of origin should the refugees opt for a voluntary return).
The purpose of this assignment is 200 micro and small enterprises (MSE) drawn from women and men, from refugee and host communities have successfully completed measures to strengthen entrepreneurial skills.
Scope of Work
Selected experts will offer technical support, coaching, and training to MSE owners, to equip them with skills that are tailor-made to meet the local market needs thus offering a holistic approach to the entrepreneurs. Support offered will be in form of both theoretical and practical skills training to help the MSE owners had better manage their business operations.
Tasks of the team leader
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the consultancy (quality and deadlines)
- Coordinating and ensuring communication with partners and others involved in the project.
- Personnel management, in particular identifying the need for short-term assignments within the available budget, as well as planning and steering assignments and supporting short-term experts
- Regular reporting in accordance with deadlines
Qualifications of the team leader
- Education/training: University post-graduate qualification in development studies, international studies, or another relevant field.
- Language: Good business language skills in English
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in project management.
- Specific professional experience: 5 years in community engagement and empowerment with small business support and microfinance.
- Leadership/management experience: 10 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company.
- Regional experience: 5 years of experience in projects in Kenya, of which 1 year in projects in a refugee setting.
- Development Cooperation (DC) experience : 3 years of experience in DC projects.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 5th March, 2021