Thematic Specialist (Relations with Armed Actors) Job at Save the Children… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Save the Children.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief, and helps support children in developing countries
- Minimum 6 years international humanitarian field experience, including in conflict and restricted access environments.
- Minimum 3 years of Protection/Humanitarian programming, including demonstrated working knowledge and experience on CAAC and Peace and Security Programming/ANSA/Civ-Mil relations
- Solid understanding of the African Union Peace and Security Architecture, and Peace Support Operations in general.
- Solid experience of engagement and relations with Armed Actors, including Armed Non-State Actors, in the field.
- Solid understanding of humanitarian negotiations, gender peace and security, conflict sensitivity
- Demonstrated experience of capacity building of armed actors and humanitarian frontline negotiations.
- Demonstrated capability to make decisions with creativity and independent judgment
- Demonstrated experience in influencing to obtain the cooperation of others.
- Proven excellence in working in a team, being a team player, and significant experience working in an international organization.
- An appreciation and understanding of how to maneuver in a context of shrinking space for civil society, ensuring Save the Children’s integrity and child rights are not compromised
- Demonstrated knowledge of children’s issues, rights-based program approaches, and child safeguarding principles.
- Strong skills and proven experience in program management processes; also from the knowledge and learning perspective.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 8th November 2021.