Union Chief Executive Officer Job at Co-operative Bank of Kenya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Co-operative Bank of Kenya.
- Chief Executive Officer of the Union and secretary to the Board.
- Charged with the responsibility of overseeing the proper implementation of all Union policies as directed by the board of directors.
- Administration of all the subsidiaries, departments and functional units.
- Provision of leadership to all the Union’ internal management teams.
- Provision of technical advice and operational feedback to the Union board of directors and board sub-committees in order to assist them in the formulation of policies and regular review of the existing policies.
- Ensuring that plans, procedures, rules, manuals, programs, systems, controls and structures are in place for the smooth running of operations and attainment of the Union objectives.
- Development of appropriate organizational structures that will lead to optimum utilization of all Union resources.
- Ensuring effective supervision of staff at all levels of the organization in order to achieve optimal institution effectiveness.
- Ensuring proper administration of staff in accordance with the Union’s Human Resource policy and existing labor and employment laws.
- Provision of guidance to the union board of directors in the recruitment and deployment of staff.
- To cultivate and encourage productivity and results oriented culture in the Union.
- Ensuring existence of and compliance with proper framework to analyze business results with a view to reviewing various strategies and/or effective control measures.
- Keeping abreast with all material undertakings of the Union and all material factors affecting the Union and to ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the Board and management are adequately informed.
- To ensure that the Board is adequately informed, and that sufficient information is provided to enable the Directors form appropriate judgments
- Develop and maintain effective communication channels with stakeholders
- Provide oversight in the preparation and implementation of annual work plans, procurement plans and budgets
- Preparation and presentation of management reports to the Union Board
- In concert with the Board Chairman, to determine the date, time and location of the annual delegates meeting and develop the agenda for the meeting
- Perform any other duties assigned by the board of directors from time to time.
Skills, Competencies and Experience.
The incumbent will be required to have the following skills, attributes and competencies;
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized university, preferably in Co-operatives management, agribusiness, accounting/finance, Economics, Business administration and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior management in a busy agribusiness entity preferably in the coffee sub-sector.
- Membership in Professional Organizations will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Good Analytical skills- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving skills – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Good strategy management and implementation
- Proficiency in ICT
- Team player
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 1st September 2023.