Kafue Child Development Agency (KCDA) is a child and youth-centered, non-profit making, non-religious, non-political, Non-Governmental Organization, working to support vulnerable children and households of Kafue and Chilanga districts in the areas of education, health, safe water provision and household income improvement in collaboration with ChildFund.
Kafue Child Development Agency wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following position.
Job Title: Accountant
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Location: Kafue Child Development Agency Federation Office
Role purpose: Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc. Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
Major Responsibilities and Key Result Areas
- Oversee overall financial management in the Agency.
- Ensure the highest degree of integrity in the accounting records.
- Verify all purchases with appropriate account codes and ensure daily data entry;
- Ensure and verifies the timely payment of justified project expenses;
- Ensure the validation of inter-fund receivables and payables on monthly basis;
- Ensure the timely submission of various financial report and analysis. This includes, but is not limited to local program reports, and donor reports.
- Produce special analyses as requested in a timely and accurate manner. These might include cost analyses, budget comparison or any other analysis requested by the CEO, or donor.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation reports.
- Monitor cash and, prepare and submit quarterly cash forecast.
- Ensure availability and strict adherence with the provisions in the major policies as: ASP budgets, Procurement policy, Financial policy, DFC policy.
- Ensure that the audit requirements are met.
- Ensure financial activities of organization are in accordance with agencies regulations and laws of Zambia
- Ensure budget compliance Ensure timely closure of finance audit recommendations; document, and ensure discussion and preparation of a plan of action
- Ensure that corrective measures are being followed on audit recommendations.
- Ensure that Association audits are carried out in a timely fashion and according to appropriate agency policy guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure all Associations follow laid down financial policies and procedures
- Establish records and program management
- Ensure that the Agency establishes guidelines for the filing, documentation, listing, and storage of program files.
- Ensure proper management of the financial filing system.
- Monitor use of funds in all associations
- Support implementation of Agency projects with adequate financial information
- Provide financial advice to management
- Preparation of Quarterly Financial Reports for Board and Management
- Processing all payments on time
- Ensuring that all entries relating to disbursements, receipts or adjustments are posted, printed and checked against source documents.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Checking and coding suppliers’ invoices
- Ensuring adherence to Monthly Statutory obligations such as NAPSA & PAYE ensuring Annual returns for Registration and other related payments are remitted before due dates
- Assisting in management of debtors and reconciliation of receivable statements
- Follow up on outstanding customer credit
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Grade twelve (12) Certificate
- Fully qualified ACCA II or CIMA II or their equivalent and must be a Registered member of ZICA
- Minimum two years work experience in financial accounting and controls
- Must have extensive knowledge of Pastel
- Hands on experience on all aspects of accounting excellent hands on experience in sage Evolution accounting soft ware and Dove payroll
- Prior experience with NGO or other grant funded organization is an added advantage
- Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft word, power point and outlook
- Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Team player and work in a multicultural team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Method of Application
Interested applicants are advised to email their application letters and CVs clearly stating the position being applied for as the subject line not later than 2nd September 2020 to the following address; [email protected] or drop application letters in person at Kafue Child Development Agency Federation Office reception which is located at Plot 200 Shantumbu Road, Kafue Town addressed to the undersigned
Chief Executive Officer
Kafue Child Development Agency
P O Box 360110
* Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kafue Child Development is an equal opportunity employer