Finance Intern Jobs 2021 at African Institute for Development Policy….See details below on how to apply for the position at African Institute for Development Policy 2021.
The African Institute for Development Policy (AFIDEP) is an African-led, regional non-profit policy think tank established in 2010 to help bridge the gaps between research, policy and practice in development efforts in Africa. We analyse, synthesise, and translate evidence (i.e. data and research) and use it to generate or strengthen political commitment, inform resource allocation, programme design and implementation. The aim is to contribute to the realisation of sustainable development by enabling the formulation of sound policies and programme interventions.
AFIDEP is looking to recruit qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Finance Intern reporting to Finance Officer. The positions will be based at the Institute’s office in Nairobi, Kenya. The main objective of the role is to ensure finance processes and record keeping are safeguarded and for on the job training for the intern.
- Input data into the Navision system. The data includes Timesheets, staff accountability reports, Project work plans and budgets
- Assist in reviewing payment documents for completeness and accuracy
- Assist in maintaining a proper filling system for all payment documents and ensure accounting records are updated, reliable and according to AFIDEP accounting policies, procedures and regulations.
- Retrieving documents for audit and ad-hoc requests
- Ensuring prompt re-archiving of documents after completion of audit and ad-hoc requests
- Support the Administration department in procurement and logistics
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
(Abilities / Knowledge & Expertise in field)
The position holder should have:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and word
- Good skills in using financial software applications.
- Proficiency in English.
- Integrity and Ethics: High integrity and ethical behavior in all dealings and ensure that own behavior is consistent with AFIDEP’s values and standards
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ethics, standards and expertise in all areas of work; highly cautious with etiquette and well groomed
- Result oriented: Consistently meet set goals, focused and goal oriented. Proactive and responsive to staff and stakeholder needs
- Cost consciousness: Develop new and innovative ways manage operations of the organization in a cost effective style
- Team player/ Interpersonal relations: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally to achieve the goals
- Confidentiality: Guarantee open communication and that information is shared with prudence and ensure confidentiality as appropriate.
How To Apply
Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability to this position and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees to
Applications should include the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Closing Date : 5th February, 2021