Senior Legal Counsel Job at Airtel Africa…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Airtel Africa.
Airtel Africa plc is an Anglo-Indian provider of telecommunications and mobile money services, with a presence in 14 countries in Africa, primarily in East Africa and Central and West Africa. Airtel Africa offers mobile voice and data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally.
- Senior Legal Counsel
- Managing/attending board meetings.
- Briefing Regional Operations Directors and other Exco members.
- Managing cross-OpCo and shareholder legal matters, including liaising with head office.
- Assist, support and guide OPCO legal directors in respect of all aspects of legal department management and activity.
- Ensuring optimal quality of legal service provided (standards, timeliness, accuracy…).
- Act on internal audit findings and recommendations as and when required in order to close gaps in compliance and governance.
- Identifying areas of development, addressing staffing issues.
- Rendering both contractual and strategic advice.
- Partnering with business owners to ensure productive and robust alliances.
- Commercial risk management and entity structuring.
- Leading Group-level disputes, including managing outside counsel and pre-litigation and litigation management responsibilities; monitoring and managing OpCo litigation portfolio.
- Responsible for orderly strategic and project management of OPCO jurisdictions.
- Degrees in Common and Civil law.
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience.
- Substantial experience in commercial contract drafting/negotiation, M&A transactions, licenses negotiation (in a regulated environment), substantial litigation responsibility, and experience with IP.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to simultaneously navigate through complicated issues and communicate only the important aspects in a clear and concise manner at all levels within the organization and across linguistic/geographic lines.
- Experience in developing strong business partnerships with senior executives.
- Ability to evaluate issues from legal and business perspectives with a practical, business-oriented, common-sense approach to complex problem-solving.
- Effectively balance risk and opportunity, thinking creatively to enable the business to make smart decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the selection, development, motivation, and retention of less senior attorneys and legal staff.
- Excellent attention to detail and judgment.
- Unimpeachable integrity; and
- Flexibility, adaptability.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline:7th April 2021.