Analyst, Best Use of Resources at International Rescue Committee… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Rescue Committee.
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Support cost-effectiveness analyses within Education, as part of impact evaluations run by the Airbel Research Team. Work under the supervision of a Senior Advisor to execute research plans, including collation of necessary monitoring data, and cost information from IRC finance system.
- Work with country-based education coordinators and officers to run cost-efficiency analyses to assist in building organizational understanding of efficiency drivers within programs. Develop program-specific databases of cost data on teacher training programs, ECD programs, etc. Relate these cost results with evidence on the effectiveness of education programs generated by the Airbel research team or from the external education literature.
- Contribute to scenario modeling to inform programmatic decision making, including collaborating closely with program counterparts and building models showing the impact of different program designs on cost-efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Support strategic projects to apply lessons from cost analysis to decisions about scaling and replicating effective interventions. Work with finance and program teams to review proposal budgets for alignment with workplans and targets.
- Bachelor degree in economics, public policy, or related field.
- Familiarity with education programming in development and humanitarian settings, through implementation experience or work on monitoring and evaluation of education projects.
- Knowledge of economic evaluation methods, applications, and the cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis literature in developing countries.
- Ability to be work as part of a remote team across many time zones.
- Excellent communication skills, cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise.
Specifically, this position will be asked to support Education Technical Advisors and Researchers with
This position will provide support specifically to cost analyses and modeling projects in the area of Education, on five years of work during which the team has collaborated with IRC’s Education Technical Unit to develop a standardized costing methodology and tools and map how cost evidence fits into decision-making.