Doctoral/ Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at Aga Khan University… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Aga Khan University.
The Aga Khan University is a private, autonomous university that promotes human welfare through research, teaching and community service initiatives. Based on the principles of quality, access, impact and relevance, the University has campuses and programmes in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, the United Kingdom, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Identification and collation of COVID -19 data and information collected by different hospital departments, units and individuals
- Review and cleaning of Covid-19 data to tease out potentially publishable material
- Supporting pre-identified research teams in synthesis of data in format readily amenable to interrogation by scientific manuscript preparation research teams.
- Work with research teams to raise research questions and drafting of concept notes and proposals for ethics approval or exemption
- Take a leading role in drafting of manuscripts for submission to peer review journals
- Maintain inventory of AKUHN past and ongoing covid-19 related research work.
- Contribute to writing of new research grants in Infectious diseases with priority on COVID-19
- Participate in recruitment, training and mentorship of research assistants
- Promote multi-disciplinary and cross department/entity collaboration
- Preferably, a doctoral degree in social, health sciences or a related field of relevance to advancement of knowledge in Infectious Diseases.
- Holders of MSc in Infectious diseases with scientific publication track record in their final stage of PhD completion.
- Track record of publication in the peer-reviewed journals and experience in grant-writing
- Demonstrated strong interest and experience in the field of Infectious Diseases
- Competence in use of quantitative statistical softwares. Use of qualitative software use by quantitative researchers (and vice-versa) would offer advantage
- Demonstrable experience of supervision and mentorship members of researcher teams
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th March 2022.