Finance Officer Job – Shared Services Unit at CARE… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at CARE.
- Review all supporting documents, scan and send the documents to SSC for AP processing. Ensure supporting documents are accurate; entries are done correctly to the appropriate account codes and other chart fields.
- Manage Pay cycle process twice a week.
- Provide guidance to staff and budget holders where coding is not done well and recommend adjustments. accordingly where necessary, to comply with donor requirements or accounting standards and organization policies.
- Withholding Tax management.
General Ledger and Balance Sheet Management – 20%
Data Processing and Accounting Systems Implementation:
- Process journal entries and seek approval as per the required approval limits.
- On a monthly basis review all transactions and reconcile the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable to the General ledger.
- Prepare the monthly Trial Balance Schedules to ensure accuracy in the balances and any outstanding balances are corrected on time.
- Follow up any exceptions identified during the analysis and resolve them or refer to the Finance & Operations Manager where guidance is required.
Treasury Management – 5%
- Forecast cash needs reviewing all cash projections from budget holders, ensure all projections are prepared times on a quarterly basis. Set and maintain optimal country office cash balance to ensure liquidity.
- Provide input to projections required by donors for grants with this specific need. Local bank account management. Coordinate with the Regional Business Analyst to when billing donors.
- Ensure payments to vendors are made in a timely manner within a reasonable lead time.
- Follow up and collect all receivables including donor, staff and other miscellaneous receivables.
Payroll Management – 25%
- Ensure employee payroll data integrity through implementation of controls.
- Timely, accurate and efficient payroll management for the Regional Office.
- Prepare and ensure complete and accurate compensation data to have an efficient, effective, complete and accurate monthly payroll process.
- Ensure that the monthly statutory payments (PAYE, NHIF, NSSF and pension and that a copy of the payment acknowledgement is filed –) are done on time with proper supporting documents.
- Process all accruals; gratuity, Bonus, leave.
- Manage monthly Personnel Activity Reporting (PARs) and ensure they are reconciled with leave records.
- Process any other payroll related payments on timely manner (Separation and Bonus).
- Process monthly payments for temporary/Casual staff and Interns in a timely manner.
- Distribute pays lips to staff on a timely basis.
- Distribute P9 forms when required.
- Process reconciliation of international staff taxation on a timely basis.
Month-end closure – 20%
- Ensure all expenses and the income are posted on time.
- Ensure payroll and payroll accruals allocation is done accurately, and schedules reconciled to the General Ledger before month end close.
- Perform account quality controls prior to periodic closing, to include accounts reconciliation (e.g., payroll recon, sub-office reports review, sub-ledger recon, etc.); review of accounts fluctuation to identify and address any unusual movements; generate and review reports to ensure accounting entries are properly created.
- To produce and interpret monthly finance reports.
- Other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
- Customer focus – internal & external
- Problem solving
- Functional technical skills
- Managing and measuring work
- Process management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Qualifications and Experience
- A Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or Business Administration or Finance
- 5 years or more of experience in a similar position
- Must be a member of a professional body, ICPAK/ACCA or equivalent in good standing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including and good skills in using ERP – financial software applications knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines