Driver at Mercy Corps… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Mercy Corps.
Mercy Corps is a global humanitarian aid agency engaged in transitional environments that have experienced some sort of shock: natural disaster, economic collapse, or conflict.
The driver work within the Operations department of the logistics support structure to provide safe, transport services for Mercy Corps program and support staff in the respective field location. The driver will adhere to all traffic and Mercy Corps safety rules and follow the transport guidelines required by the Mercy Corps operations department.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Operate Mercy Corps vehicles as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with Mercy Corps policies/regulations.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely – report needs and problems to logistics team.
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor.
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times.
- Assist, as required, with logistics in the office daily workloads.
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors – assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business.
- Report all maintenance needs of the vehicle to transport management on a regular basis;
- Undertake field assignments as assigned.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly vehicle fuel and maintenance reports to the Logistics focal point.
- Adherence to all Mercy Corps policies and procedures as outlined in Mercy Corps policies and procedure manuals.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in the country of operation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports Directly To: Program Manager.
- Works Directly With: Program and Operations staff team across the field offices as required
Knowledge and Experience
- Valid driver’s license and certificate of good conduct
- At least 3 years driving experience with an NGO.
- Experience operating 4×4 vehicles.
- Experience working in and thorough knowledge of Isiolo County is a desired.
- Knowledge of routes, project areas, the NGO and diplomatic community is required.
A successful driver will have respect and adherence to all safety and traffic rules, excellent sense of judgment as well as willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and excellent interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 November. 2021