Evidence Coordinator Job at International Rescue Committee… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Rescue Committee.
The International Rescue Committee is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization.
- Assist and support the Data & Evidence Team to handle complex projects, meet their objectives, and successfully collaborate with network members, partners, and key stakeholders
- Contribute to the strategic direction of INEE’s data, measurement, and evidence work particularly in relation to the democratization of knowledge production, dissemination, and use – linking regional and global INEE network spaces
- Contribute to a positive team dynamic by engaging and working in the spirit of collaboration.
- Supports multi-directional flows of information between the Data & Evidence Team and all of the Secretariat
- Manage any new iteration of the E-Cubed Research Fund and support dissemination and uptake of E-Cubed research outputs
- Coordinate the INEE Learning Agenda including annual consultation of members to revise and verify evidence gaps, collection of new research, and production of an annual brief highlighting key evidence gaps
- Manage the INEE Evidence Platform including regular updates to the platform based on Learning Agenda input
- Serve as the Secretariat focal point linking the Journal on Education in Emergencies (JEiE) with INEE
- Manage the INEE Community of Practice Research & Evidence Channel
- Develop communication pieces to highlight INEE’s work through Blogs, Social Media, and Emails
- Produce a quarterly Data & Evidence Newsletter
INEE Strategic Priority I: Thought leadership and advocacy:
- The INEE Evidence Coordinator works closely with the Policy & Advocacy Team as well as the Thematic Areas Team in order to ensure effective translation and uptake of EiE evidence into policy and advocacy as well as key thematic areas such as PSS/SEL, Gender, Child Protection etc.
INEE Strategic Priority II: Strengthen capacities:
- The INEE Evidence Coordinator works closely with the Standards & Practice Team and regularly communicates with the team to ensure that INEE’s Standards and Practice work is evidence-informed, and that EiE practice is equally informing knowledge production, and research.
INEE Strategic Priority III: Provide, curate and organize knowledge and resources:
- The INEE Evidence Coordinator collaborates closely with the Member Services & Communications Team. The Coordinator contributes to team efforts to organize research and evidence as well as disseminate knowledge and share opportunities, engaging the broader INEE membership in efforts to strengthen the EiE evidence ecosystem.
INEE Strategic Priority IV: Strengthen and diversify membership:
- The Evidence Coordinator supports the Data & Evidence Team to ensure that knowledge generation for EiE includes and is led by voices and organizations within emergency contexts and that the knowledge that is generated is relevant to and accessible by all INEE members. Furthermore, the Coordinator supports the curation and dissemination of research and evidence across all INEE languages (and more).
Strategy, Finance, Administration, and Partnership:
- The INEE Coordinator works closely with the Operations Team to manage and report on grants, feed into fundraising and proposals etc.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Existing INEE Evidence Coordinator in lieu of the Team Lead
- Position directly supervises Not applicable
- Indirect Reporting: INEE Secretariat; INEE fiscal and administrative hosts; INEE Steering Group
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: IRC Education Unit, HR, Admin, Finance, Legal, Procurement
- External: Mid-level to senior-level representatives of UN agencies, international and national NGOs, donor agencies, education authorities (Ministries of Education, relevant Ministries), academic institutions, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant professional experience.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in the field of education, including in development and humanitarian contexts.
- Strong technical knowledge and field experience related to education in emergencies and refugee education.
- In-depth understanding of INEE’s ways of working and role in the EiE sector.
- Experience working with networks and employing network approaches.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding and experience in the areas of research, and evidence;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English;
- Strong technical knowledge of the field of education in emergencies and familiarity with INEE required;
- Ability to be flexible and work well independently, virtually and under pressure, and in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational skills: the ability to track and follow-up on various tasks;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills: the ability to draft briefs, reports, and syntheses;
- Willingness to travel 30% to challenging field locations;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to successfully interact with a variety of people;
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to follow direction and effectively learn and work within an inter-agency framework and approach
Warning: Undefined array key "mts_social_button_layout" in /home/u487778199/domains/kescholars.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/mts_schema/functions/theme-actions.php on line 461