At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To safely execute maintenance work according to the prescribed standards while ensuring the safety of self and others at the Sentinel Workshop.
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Perform mechanical repairs & rebuilds on road-going heavy vehicles, mechanical horses, ridgid trucks and tippers up to 40T, Iveco, Volvo, Mercedes
- Diagnose & repair faults within vehicle/trailer brake systems – hydraulic and air systems
- Diagnose & repair faults within vehicle fuel and fuel management systems
- Diagnose and repair mechanical faults on a wide variety of heavy road-going vehicles with particular experience in Iveco, Volvo, Mercedes
- Maintain, Diagnose and repair vehicle air conditioning systems
- Inspect vehicles and machinery to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Assist to determine critical spare parts in order to generate strategic critical list and reasonable stock level
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Other duties as directed by the Direct Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade Ten (Grade 12)
- Craft Certificate in Mechanics from a recognised institution
- Valid Drivers License
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience working on Iveco Trucks is preferred
Method of Application