HR Manager Job at Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Human Capital Synergies Africa Ltd.
Human Capital Synergies (HCS) Africa is a Nairobi (Kenya) based, human resources professional services provider. Its two Directors, Ms. Veronica Anam and Ms Njoki Mwihia jointly hold over 40 years of combined experience working in the United States and various African countries. Their joint experiences encompass a range of human resources facets as well as general administration and communications. HCS Africa’s primary target market includes small and medium entrepreneurs and non-governmental organizations spanning the African continent.
Recruitment, Onboarding & Off boarding
- Develop strategic direction, policies, processes and plans with regard to all aspects of recruitment, onboarding & off boarding.
- Develop and implement a Recruitment and Compensation Policy & system ensuring that all aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, reward, discipline, or discharge, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Create and maintain a consistent and positive image on all company developed employee and recruitment related content.
- Oversee the provision of recruitment reporting and information to management.
- Identify and build opportunities to better attract talent, including through the Company’s presence on social media, outsourcing arrangements or partnerships with relevant institutions.
- Guide and support the recruitment, training, appraisal, supervision, development, promotion and termination of all staff. Ensure clear leave cover, succession planning and handover processes are developed and adhered to.
Performance Management & Reward
- Develop strategic direction, policies, processes and plans with regard to all aspects of performance management, reward & recognition, performance improvement, career progression and promotions.
- Ensure that corporate objectives and goals are effectively cascaded within the context of a widely understood strategy & vision.
- Ensure all positions have JDs and annual work plans that accurately reflect roles, responsibilities, performance targets, indicators and expectations are used as the basis for quarterly and annual performance reviews.
Organizational Structure & Design, Values & Culture
- Work with each department as well as the Finance team to determine the most appropriate size and structure of each team, based on their departmental objectives and KPIs.
- Ensure that HR policies and practices reinforce the company values and a culture that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel.
Information flow & Communication
- Improve staff engagement levels through ensuring regular and transparent flow communication throughout the organization, embracing feedback & ensuring timely and transparent action is taken.
- Improve the tone, frequency and clarity of communication including through monthly newsletters, quarterly town halls, HR check ins and informal coffee chats.
Staff Motivation & Development
- Monitor and develop ways to improve overall levels of employee satisfaction & motivation. Establish and maintain an effective employee recognition programme.
- Develop and implement training strategy and plan, including leadership and on-the-job training.
- Design and implement or support team building efforts at various levels across the organization. Establish Staff Welfare Association.
HR Policies & Procedures
- Maintain an up to date Employee Handbook and ensure all HR policies comply with the relevant National Law.
- Ensure accurate and up to date employee contracts, personnel files and records (including leave, attendance, performance) at all times. Ensure all departments submit annual leave plans.
- Ensure payroll is accurately processed and e-payslips shared within agreed timelines each month.
- Ensure staff health and safety are prioritized including through the development and implementation of a clear OSH Policy and the best possible medical benefits the company can provide within the agreed budget.
- Take lead role in the Identification and procurement of an HRIS.
- Report generation / data analysis
- Track and analyze all activity related to human resource management based on realistic and meaningful KPIs.
- Regularly generate and review HR data and reports, including on the progress of talent acquisition, retention, performance management and human resource activities.
- Identify CSR Projects that the organization can participate in.
- Coordinate CSR activities ensuring employee involvement.
- Ensure CSR activities are well documented for future reference.
- Develop a High Performing HR Team
- Provide positive leadership to the HR team and the company as a whole.
- Develops skills of the HR team – identifying individual training needs as well as encouraging effective teamwork, with a focus on succession planning.
- Motivate the team – giving recognition and praise wherever possible.
- Deal with team performance issues promptly and appropriately.
- Pre-empt the need for and manage change where necessary within the team.
- Provides individual support to new HR team members – ensuring a full induction is provided for and adequate support is given during their learning curve.
Professional / Academic Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, social sciences, business Administration, or its equivalent from a recognized university. Post graduate study is highly preferable.
- At least 7 years’ experience in Human Resource Management / Administration in recognised organizations, of which 3+ years include senior roles.
- Highly experienced in Change management.
- Demonstrated experience handling projects that are strategically oriented.
- Sound knowledge of Labour Laws and employment, Act 2007.
- Active member of a relevant professional body with a confirmed good standing record.
- Tech Savvy.