Program Communications Manager Job at Habitat for Humanity International… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Habitat for Humanity International.
Habitat for Humanity International, generally referred to as Habitat for Humanity or simply Habitat, is an international, non-governmental, and nonprofit organization, which was founded in 1976.
- Embedding with international programs teams to develop a deep understanding of Habitat’s strategic approach (25%).
- Collaborating closely with the Senior Director of International Communications, the SVP of Integrated Programming and others on messaging and content plans that clearly communicate Habitat’s program approach to various key audiences, both internal and external (25%).
- Collaborating with communication colleagues in the U.S. and around the world to develop communications tools and assets (25%).
- Helping prepare Habitat leadership, fundraisers and other key stakeholders with messaging and communications tools for specific opportunities, events and other key moments (15%).
- Collaborating with communications colleagues around the world to ensure, where appropriate, that Habitat communications and storytelling reflect and advance the organization’s program strategies (10%).
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- 5 years related experience in communications work, especially managing global projects with multiple stakeholders and/or interpreting technical information for various audiences.
- Proficiency in building creative concepts and demonstrated ability to see projects through to completion.
- Ability to write, edit, evaluate and curate strong content related to international development while meeting brand, marketing and messaging needs.
- Ability to lead the creation of complete content packages; established experience with photo selection, design collaboration, etc., all while maintaining brand standards.
- Strong communications and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural competencies and organizational and project management skills that demonstrate an ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of departments and stakeholders.
- Active support of HFHI Values:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular