Diaspora Banking Tribe Lead at I&M Bank… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at I&M Bank.
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
- Deliver Diaspora banking ambitious revenue targets in line with the Bank’s iMARA 2.0 strategy.
- Drive effective cross sells on wealth management suite of products and investments solutions.
- Effective management of diaspora aggregator models supported by innovative contact strategies that are cost effective.
- Implement effective partnerships to drive remittance business.
- Develop and lead the implementation of the Diaspora Banking acquisition strategy in line with the overall Bank’s Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for the Diaspora Banking through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships.
- To drive customer-led propositions for the Diaspora Banking Segment by developing a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, digital channels and service offers.
- Manage an effective Diaspora Banking agent loyalty program for networking.
- Facilitate training programs to enhance product knowledge to the Retail Banking teams, branch staff and sales teams on Diaspora Banking Products.
- Ensures that all new businesses are in line with AML/KYC and CTF laws and regulations and customer information is regularly updated.
- Managing diaspora customer requests/transactions in compliance with I&M Bank operational guidelines and procedures with zero tolerance to operational risk & frauds.
- Acting as the principal point of contact for the Bank’s relationships, with a designated portfolio of Diaspora customers in Marketing, growing business and ensuring that there is increased; customer base, deposits, earnings, facility utilization and usage of all bank products and services.
- Ensure Diaspora Credit documentation standards are adhered to.
- Ensuring quality service delivery for customers in order to achieve agreed service levels in coordination with the Branch management and Diaspora Banking Unit.
- Reviewing daily loan disbursement with reference to current policies, procedures and the booking of correct product code under diaspora.
- Communicate with customers through various ways, especially, by telephone, email or regular mail, over the Internet or in person.
- Updates to a customer’s profile or account information, data clean up by Ensuring contact information is captured i.e. email and phone number and in proper format including country code on all accounts that have been opened.
- Receive all customer instructions on the management of their accounts to include standing orders, stop payments, fixed/call deposits, Visa cards, internet banking. Mobile banking.
- Check and confirm compliance to KYC, authorize account opening before sending for processing, call over mandates before forwarding to the branches for safe custody
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s customer service standards as well as policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of direct reports, prepare performance appraisals and recommend and/or initiate corrective action where necessary to improve performance and/or attaining established personal and organizational goals.
- Coordinate and lead teams involved with diaspora clients to deliver world class service experience across client touch points.
- Manage a dedicated team of diaspora banking staff and responsible for diaspora banking profit and loss statement.
- Embrace a culture of teamwork, support for each other and commitment to the unit and the Bank goals and aspirations
- Manage an effective customer communication strategy telephonically, on social media, website, virtual conferences, emailers and short messaging.
- Any other official duty as may be assigned by the management
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Business related field.
- Master’s Degree or Professional qualification in Banking or related field is a plus.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Diaspora Banking market, external environment, and sector.
- Strong presentation skill set and Good analytical skills
- Highly effective communication and collaboration skills
- High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank’s and team’s needs.
- Have a minimum of 5 years working similar role.