Internal Audit Assistant Job at Wananchi Group…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Wananchi Group.
Wananchi is the leading business providing affordable entertainment and connectivity for the rapidly growing middle class in East Africa.
- Internal Audit Assistant
- Execute internal audit engagements as directed by the senior internal auditor.
- Document all audit working papers to the expected quality and ensure these are reviewed prior to signing off.
- Prepare audit reports to acceptable standards using set templates for review by the senior auditor at the completion of every audit assignment.
- Engage auditees in following up the implementation of Internal and External Audit recommendations and provide inputs to the monthly status reports by the end of every month.
- Conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Prepare training material for training on Fraud and ABC policies and provide guidance on the implementation of the same when consulted.
- Update the risk register with emerging risks reported from the audit team, with issues from internal and external audit reports to ensure the risk register is accurate and current at all times.
- To conduct snap checks on key high-risk areas on a regular basis as directed by the senior auditor.
- To participate in fraud investigations to the required standards and provide actionable recommendations to the investigating lead.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- Degree from a reputable institution.
- Accounting Qualification CPA (K) / ACCA or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years cumulative experience in either internal or external audit.
- Above Average IT skills. CISA qualification and/or relevant experience in IS Audits will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in data analysis, data reconciliation, and data presentation Good Knowledge of general accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- A highly motivated individual, creative, with proven ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner & to perform functions with accuracy.
How to Apply
with the job title ”Internal Audit Assistant” as the subject line
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 19th March 2021.