Programs Associate Intern at Shamiri Institute… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Shamiri Institute.
Our mission is to provide youths, in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and beyond, with evidence-based tools to improve their life outcomes. We believe in a world where youth, anywhere, can actualize their life outcomes. Founded at Harvard and launched in Kenya in 2018, we combine rigorous social science research with deep contextual knowledge of the education and mental healthcare space in SSA and beyond.
Programs Planning & Implementation
- Develop familiarity with the organization’s research base and study protocols.
- Complete training sessions on human subjects’ research and Project Thrive! character development interventions.
- Support Programs Associates with tasks including but not limited to:
- Conducting literature views and developing intervention, training, and session protocols
- Developing training materials
- Participating in clinical-related case conferences
- Assist in coordinating logistics associated with different programs, including transportation, venues, meals, etc.
- Ensure timely preparation of necessary program materials, such as printing homework sheets and session protocols as required and directed.
- Participate in the weekly Programs teams meetings and specific project meetings as required.
- Take part in all Programs team professional development opportunities during their tenure.
- Perform any other tasks as may be directed.
Educational/Training Background & Skills
- Recent graduate (within one year) or student in a relevant field (Psychology, Clinical Psychology, Counseling)
- Previous experience in counselling, wellness, psychology, or mental health work (e.g. worked as a Thrive! Fellow or Thrive! Supervisor)
- Demonstrate excellent writing skills
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and reflect on one’s values, attitudes, beliefs, biases, emotions, and past experiences.
- Demonstrate commitment to the broad scope of values, ethics, and goals at the heart of Shamiri’s mission.
- Possess time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.