Project Officer Job – COSME Project at Plan International… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Plan International.
Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War.
Planning, Strategy and Policy (10%)
- Ensure the project contributes to the outcomes for girls and young women are realised and that girls and women occupy spaces to continually address issues affecting them and realisation of gender equality.
- Employ a gender-transformative approach, to address power and gender inequalities that undermine responsive, locally-led climate change adaptation and biodiversity conservation
- Design and implement the project while advancing gender transformation and aligned to the Country and Global strategies.
- Promote safeguarding and safe programming through the project cycles and ensure Plan’s policy on safeguarding the rights of children and young people is adhered to by all associates.
- Build relationship with relevant staff to ensure all logistics and procurement processes are in conformity with Plan policies, procedures and standards
- Facilitate meaningful engagement, consultation, participation and feedback to the community in relation to Plan programs and policies.
Programme and Project Design, implementation, Reporting and Influencing (30%)
- Mobilization and participation of women in climate governance and weak collective action among women’s rights organizations (WROs) and youth-led organizations (YLOs) in local climate action
- Promote participation of children, girls and communities in project cycle to explore and challenge gender norms.
- Ensure project stakeholders effectively engage at all project levels.
- Facilitate access to relevant and accurate information on the project to stakeholders.
- Contribute to gender sensitive responses/intervention through continuous data collection during project implementation.
- Consolidate/write project periodic reports in line with the laid down donor requirements and Plan standards.
Working in Partnership (10%)
- Partnership management while ensuring adherence to Building Better partnership principles
- Facilitate authentic community led beneficiary targeting processes and reporting on interventions being undertaken.
- Engage and maintain cordial stakeholder relationships throughout the project cycle for effective project delivery and achievement of project results.
- Maintain a high level of external communication and contact at the community and county levels.
- Build and strengthen working relations with local structures (local administration, schools among others) and ensure their participation
- Engage and influence different technical working groups at sub-county level
Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Assurance (15%)
- Timely development and utilizations of all project tools to support technically sound project implementation.
- Deliver timely and quality project activity and scheduled reports
- Operationalise procedures of data quality assurance during collection and submission of all related project data.
- Work with the Project and the M&E team in documenting project achievements, best practices and lessons learnt.
- Facilitate and coordinate project reflection meetings with communities and other stakeholders to inform programming/improve on quality of interventions.
Financial Responsibility (10%)
- Develop monthly activities and budget plans as per approved work plan and ensure all activities are on track with appropriate scheduling, quality and timelines.
- Monitor expenditures by interventions and ensure compliance within the approved budget.
- Review expenditure reports on a monthly basis.
Risk Management (5%)
- Develop project and activity risk assessments and put in place mechanisms to mitigate/manage the risks during the project cycle.
- Continually manage all program safeguarding risks.
Capability Building and People Management (10%)
- Support rural communities in learning about, customizing and applying NBS for climate adaptation
- Assess local partners’ capacity gaps in delivery of program and sponsorship work and develop capacity building plans for mutual development.
- Internally resources and establish external linkages/referral for capacity development of the local partners
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) (5%)
- Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
- Leads the orientation of programme staff to ensure that they are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in project design, during implementation and as principles applied in day-to-day work of Programme team;
- Ensures that Plan Kenya contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Other Duties (5%)
- As assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental studies, Climate Science, Natural Resource Management or in Agricultural Related courses
- At least 3 or more years of relevant work experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing partnerships in projects
- Direct project management experience, preferably in the climate action, conservation, environment, and disaster risk management or related field.
- Must have proven knowledge of or an interest in Nature Based Solutions and marine ecosystems
- Knowledge of women economic empowerment and gender integration best practices
- Knowledge and Experience on sustainable Livelihoods
- Hold personal values, ethics and attitudes which are in alignment with the principles of the Plan’s values
- Motorcycle riding skills and experience