Supervisor Job – ICT at Kenya Revenue Authority… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kenya Revenue Authority.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya.
- Providing IT related support, by reviewing the scheme’s needs, in terms of computerization, Telecommunication, and other technology.
- Managing the installation systems and that of new versions used and trouble shoot ad-hoc user problems in its functioning.
- Managing the office multi-user computer network, as well as data and telecommunication facilities.
- Planning the acquisition of specific computer software, coordinating its introduction into the office, and managing its maintenance.
- Organizing computer training and support for all staff in KRA Staff Pension Scheme.
- Coordinating records management through establishment of a computerized records management system for the office in accordance with scheme’s guidelines and policies.
- Scouting for new technological innovations within KRA Staff Pension Scheme core business areas.
- Updating KRA Staff Pension Scheme IT knowledge by participating in learning opportunities; reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Supporting the design and implementation of IT policies and procedures OR any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- University Degree in information communication technology or any other relevant degree.
Relevant Work Experience Required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in Information communication Technology.
- Excellent computer skills, working knowledge of office automation software and practical knowledge of information and communication technology (ICT).
- Excellent English writing and editorial skills.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are necessary.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Deadline: 3rd October 2022.