Data Operations Analyst Job at M-Kopa Solar… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at M-Kopa Solar.
M-KOPA’s mission is to make high quality energy affordable to everyone. OUR GROWTH SO FAR… M-KOPA has connected more than 400,000 homes in Kenya,Tanzania and Uganda to solar power with over 550 new homes being added every day.
- Prepare and maintain routine reports to support day-to-day business operations.
- Produce and track key performance indicators for various departments
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
- Ensure accuracy of data used for reporting & analytical work
- Liaise with various departments to fully understand business processes and their data requirements
- Test new system features to ensure data is being correctly captured
- Create data dashboards, graphs, and visualizations
- Analytical Thinking: Given a clearly scoped data/analytics question and with guidance, able to identify patterns and trends in the data using standard analytics and statistical methods. Able to interpret and share findings with colleagues.
- Data Processing
- Executing SQL to extract data and analyzing that data using tools like Excel, Looker
- Knowledge of Data Analysis tools – Advanced excel skills and Working knowledge of SQL Queries
- Meticulousness to develop error-free, high-quality reports
- Ability to draw insights and conclusions from reports
- Excellent report writing skills
- Ability to quickly understand key value drivers in various departments of the business
- Strong and clear visual, written, and verbal communication and design skills,
- Comfortable operating as part of a fast-moving, dynamic team
- An understanding of data protection issues
- Data Governance: You can identify and escalate data quality issues when they arise and with guidance, contribute to solutions to improve data quality and adhere to best practices
- Coding: You have a good knowledge of SQL and can use version control to ensure accessibility and reproducibility. (Git: Commits work to the repository for traceability and Uses branches and PRs
- Data Visualization: You know how to use the most appropriate medium to visualize data to tell compelling and actionable stories relevant to business goals. can present, communicate, and disseminate data appropriately and with high impact.
- Accountability and Reliability Complete moderately complex, well-defined, compact stories from the backlog independently.
- Approach Executes solutions to problems with some guidance from senior team members.
- Prioritization Actively involved in planned work estimation.
- Problem Solving Solves problems within their domain, even when the problem is not well defined.
- Influence (Collaboration) Works to form strong relationships with colleagues.
- Coaching and Mentorship (Empower) Seeks and is receptive to the mentorship provided by more senior colleagues.
- Communication Clearly updates the team on the status of assigned work and flags up when blocked (both written and verbal).
- Process Able to follow established best practices and processes.
- Feedback (Learn) Responds positively to constructive feedback and occasionally gives unprompted positive feedback to colleagues.
- Business Context Understands how their work impacts the team and broader company.
- Emotional Intelligence Displays empathy toward users of our products
- Good team player
- Works with minimal or no supervision
- BSC in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or related field
- 1+ year in a related field